What's this for?

Lets see who know what

Postby uscgairdale » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:30 am

I haven't seen anything like this on any of the Lazairs that I have ever seen. Can anyone out there identify it?

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:14 pm

need a closer picture dude, but looks like a bolt with a spacer under the head? the JPX throttle quadrant has a lot of those...
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:30 pm

Could also be, (hard to tell from this angle), a mounting bolt for the front axle tube. I see what looks like the doubler on the bottom of the frame. Maybe that frame tube came from a series 2. If you look at my picture, you can see that same doubler on the bottom of the frame with the bolt going through it. Looks to be the same area.

Cheers,

Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Bill » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:36 pm

Dave.... my 2 seater was on floats at one time...

Bill

I do have pics of it when it was set up on the floats... just have to find them!!!

Let me know when she is ready for flight.... what motors are you now using?
Bill
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:07 pm

I opted to go for the KFMs instead of the JPXs.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Bill, if you have any pics we would love to see them posted. I wasn't aware that you ever had it on floats. Are those your floats out on Frans property? If so, one of the pontoons is trashed from sitting out in the sun all those years. A person that's good at fiberglass work could probably save them though.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Bill » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:50 pm

The floats are most likely mine... I have to get out there soon and see what all is left there these days... I may try to get all of it on ebay and on to be restored and flying again...

Dave... did you see the article in the Post Star when Fran had a bad crash at the airport no too long ago? He survived amazingly... was quite hurt. It may have been in the powered motorglider he had... Monet.. though not very stock if you know anything about Fran

Bill

Robinsonrecreation@hotmail.com

to others... Fran is and was a very interesting person... Jesus Saves on his plane wings... on the house in the shingles... flew a falcon into the clouds once... came back out the bottom in a diving spiral... huge Gs pulled... all the ribs were floppy after... the ailerons fluttered on him... but it all stayed together... had massive wood props on reduction little twin motors all on a Lazair ll that I sold him, one of my first buyers...
Flew F-4s in the Vietnam days... I don't think he made it to Nam... too late..
Bill
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:05 pm

I didn't see the article, but I heard about it. I can remember Fran's Lazair and his Falcon. His ultralights always stood out with the large "JESUS SAVES" on them. One winter he and Richard Wheeler landed Lazairs with skis on my parents lake and then came inside for a cup of joe before heading on their way. That was real cool, I hope to do the very same with my two-place someday.

Here's a pic of the 4-cycle monnet glider that Bill was talking about.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:06 pm

After the crash....
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:07 pm

Fran after the crash....
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair Trivia