So, Where Did You Land Today?

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby Wings » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:50 pm

I always found it interesting to go somewhere different and land there. I think it would be equally interesting to hear about places where you guys have landed... other than the strip of course. I'll start it off.

Once landed on a boat ramp at a nearby ski lake. A very short boat ramp. It was closed and had a chain up over the ramp down by the water. After several passes I finally dropped in, only to find I had popped several rivets in the wing. Getting out was looking kinda hairy, but it was downhill and turned out to be easy enough to gain enough speed before the chain.

And you?
Wings
Lazair.com Member

Postby art » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:04 pm

Can't match you in a Lazair! or even in my 1-26 when I landed at the county Jail.
Art
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:06 pm

Test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 pm

Orange Count Jail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
art
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:17 am

i did a series of touch and goes on some surfers station wagon's roof as they were driving down the beach. i did not know them but we all thought is was great. i never saw them again. strewth, they'd shoot you now for just flying down that beach let alone chasing cars and bikes. same thing for jails, B) ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:20 am

Art - what you did gives new meaning to the phrase, "landed in jail" B)

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm

Not a Lazair landing, but this is the coolest landing that I've done so far. 125NM east of Cape Cod, MA.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:42 am

Again not a Lazair Landing but I know of a glider that landed in one of those drive through African Lion safari zoo's........by SOSA in Ontario.

Needless to say the guy stayed put inside the plane while the lions and other critters came over to study him.

Talk about a fish in a bowl with a cat eyeing him......more than a little scary.

The rangers had to clear the animals out of the pen before he could remove the glider.

What an ordeal.

Ray
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:54 pm

This guy is not having a good day.
In far nth Queensland two men forced landed a Pitts on the mud at low tide they found the aircraft but not them. they were taken by salt water crocs when the tide came in.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Return to Pilots Lounge