No spark in either engine

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:47 pm

shortnaked @ Dec 29 2004, 08:44 PM wrote: 185s mix em at 30 to 35 to 1 and you will have littel troubles

some say 50 to 1 and maybe ok not sue i not tried.

do not use synthetics they got less lubricating properties it seems.

Heck i gotta pay more atention here you guys busy here

lol

50:1 and you will smoke the crank bearings. Best bet 32:1 with Pennzoil air-cooled 2-stroke. Synthetic will smoke the whole engine !

Postby xgary » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:00 pm

Smoked engine notta very gewd
use oil
lube it up make it slide
and smothly till it moans ehehehe
make it go till it smokes lol
or does the smoke come after you done ?

LMAO
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby jb88ci » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:40 pm

set it rich on the ground, it will lean out in the air....guarantee'd......that'll save you lean flame out and burnt bearings.
jb88ci
Popular Lazair Member

Postby daffy1029 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:42 pm

Hi jb88ci,
Just want to correct you in your statement about 2-cycle engines leaning out as you go up. The higher you go the richer your engine will run. As with snowmobiles in the mountains, we would have to put smaller jets in the carbs to make them run better as we climb. At over 8,000 feet we would have to rejet again to smaller jets. You do lose a little power because the air is thin and you are using smaller jets.
So I would set the ultralight engines up to run their best (not too lean) on the ground and when you fly up higher it will run just fine. ;) If you were to go really high then you would have to find a way to lean them out in-flight. But remember, when coming back down, you would have to richen the mixture to prevent seizure.
Have a nice day, daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby ottmoto » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Visit

www.DellortoCanada.com, Canadian Authorized Distributor of Dellorto Carburetors and spare parts.
ottmoto

Postby flyalaz » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:44 pm

Ray @ Jul 19 2004, 09:58 AM wrote: Could someone describe the parts and where the wiring goes, and its function.

My guess is that under the fly wheel you have the Black encased part which i assume is the spark coil.

One end goes to the sparkplug and the other wire out of the black part goes to the condenser.....which in turn hooks up to the points and then ground ????

The black banana jack is a bypass to ground from the points???

Then there is another exposed coil under the flywheel with a red banana plug.....is it a power source for lights etc ????? .....How many volts would it produce?

There is a bare wire exiting the black part which hooks up to the condenser, and it looks suspicious, because is it pushed up against the casing, probably grounding it.
My guess is that this is the problem, since a grounded condenser at both poles makes it pretty much useless. I presume the condenser case is the other pole, unless there is another side and wire to it that I can not see under the flywheel.

Any comments or suggestions?

It's an old post I know, but so is this armature plate. For location purposes it's good enough.
That bare wire from condenser to ignition coil is what generates the spark out the other end to the spark plug. If that is BARE, and touching anything, you won't get a poop out of the engine. It should be covered with insulation. You can clip off the lug to the condenser, slip some heat shrink tubing over it, then crimp on another lug.

Black banana jack to kill switch, Red banana jack for lighting coil, which is independant of ignition coil and is 6V a.c.

Cheers,
Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Re-Building tips and info