tire size

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby sparky » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:31 pm

could someone tell me what the original tire size is. (not the bicycle style)
tks
sean
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Postby flyalaz » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi Sparky,

I guess you mean the wheel barrow type wheel. If you live in Canada, you can get them at Canadian Tire for cheap. The size is: 4.80 / 4.00 - 8

It will probably say tubeless, but you need a tube. Don't forget to pick one up.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby sparky » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:52 pm

tks karl :)
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Postby ola » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:00 pm

flyalaz @ Feb 16 2006, 03:33 PM wrote: Hi Sparky,

I guess you mean the wheel barrow type wheel. If you live in Canada, you can get them at Canadian Tire for cheap. The size is: 4.80 / 4.00 - 8

It will probably say tubeless, but you need a tube. Don't forget to pick one up.

Karl

is it a 1,2,3.....8 layer tire ? you don`t want a flat tire when you land your plane.

ola.
ola
Popular Lazair Member

Postby flyalaz » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Hi Ola,

I think it's two ply. Cheap tire but decent performance. I fly from a grass field, and while I was learning to fly I put it down hard a few times with no problems. I've also landed on gravel runways, again with no problems. Also, I have steel rims not the plastic ones, so it probably also helps. Tubeless tires have good rim grip, and I am sure that even with plastic hubs you would have to land very hard indeed to pop the tires!

Cheers,

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby ola » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:57 pm

flyalaz @ Feb 18 2006, 01:24 PM wrote: Hi Ola,

I think it's two ply. Cheap tire but decent performance. I fly from a grass field, and while I was learning to fly I put it down hard a few times with no problems. I've also landed on gravel runways, again with no problems. Also, I have steel rims not the plastic ones, so it probably also helps. Tubeless tires have good rim grip, and I am sure that even with plastic hubs you would have to land very hard indeed to pop the tires!

Cheers,

Karl

thanks karl,i also think 2ply will doo,the former owner of my two seater landed so hard he split the rims in two and got some cracks in both box sections in the wings
but becuse of this forum i found a aluminum guru calld george curtis he will make some new complete box sections for me,without internet this plane would be in the yunkyard.

i don`t know why george don`t put up a workshop and manufactur new lazair`s he can do everything !!!.

i don`t wrigt alot in this forum.

but i READ EVERYTHING !.

ola.
ola
Popular Lazair Member

Postby flyalaz » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi Ola,

Yes, George does very nice work. I am sure that your new parts will be perfect. Being a Lazair owner and builder, he knows exactly what is needed.
I'm sure that as people find out they need parts, some might just "magically" appear!

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby ola » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:46 pm

flyalaz @ Feb 18 2006, 02:36 PM wrote: Hi Ola,

Yes, George does very nice work. I am sure that your new parts will be perfect. Being a Lazair owner and builder, he knows exactly what is needed.
I'm sure that as people find out they need parts, some might just "magically" appear!

Karl

with alot of "magically" $$$$$$.

OLA.
ola
Popular Lazair Member

Return to Re-Building tips and info