[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - A-719 is back in the air!!

A-719 is back in the air!!

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby lazflyn » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:02 am

Hey guys,

I'd like to send out a big thank you to all of you that have helped me. I really appreciate the help.

I finally got my winter project done. I flew my Lazair today. All went well with the flight. I loved every second of it. Lazairs are great airplanes and I'm glad I had the chance again to fly one. The really cool thing is that now I don't have to watch the Lazair videos again tonight, as I have off and on to get me through the rebuild. Now I can shoot my own video as well as shoot touch and goes...at 25 mph!!! Total sweetness.

Pictures to come soon!

MarkDJ. :D
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:30 pm

Mark,

This is great news. I'm happy to hear that it went well and your ready for the fly-in. I hope to have my ship ready for it too.

George Curtis
A-329

Postby ozzie » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:00 am

Congrats well done!!! meanwhile elsewere, drill pop drill pop drill pop
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:25 pm

I am glad to hear that another Lazair is flying! Hope you will have many hours of fun with this airplane. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Postby fly_michigan » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:04 pm

Mark,
Congrats!!! The plane looks great. I'm glad it all worked out. I still havn't found that paperwork, but if you email your mailing address to me, I will senf those spinners to you.

Bryan Dever
fly_michigan
Lazair Newbie

Postby Shannon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:48 am

Hi Mark,

Very nice looking little bird you have there. Does it fly as good as it looks ! Hopefully A-719 and A-686 can pal around before long.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazflyn » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:45 pm

Thanks guys. There are a few issues that need attention to make it fly better than it looks. But for the most part, it flies awesome. Now I know why I drove across the country to get one. Now I know why I spent a lot of time in a cold hanger this last winter. These little airplanes are great! I just love how easy and relaxing it is to fly these birds. Very satisfying. I can hardly wait to start flying with the other Mark that has one as well.

As far as the problems go, I would have to first start out by saying that it seems nose heavy. It is very eager to lift up the tail. This happens on pavement when I am giving it a touch of throttle or using the flinstone's to slow it down. I know the mains are close to the CG, but this is a little too close. The tail comes up way too easy. In flight, the trim speed is full throttle, maybe just a touch below full. The rest of the time I hold some back pressure to maintain level flight.

The second problem is that it taxies WAY too fast. I need to come up with some gear that are further forward, wider, and get some brakes. I don't want to change a good thing and spend all summer modifying. Worse, I don't want to add any weight if possible. The current set up has to go. I ran over my foot while using the nike/flinstone brake system and my toe now is purple and is pissed off at me for running it over. I've seen all kinds of different setups on the internet. I'll have to decide on what I like and what I am capable of building. If any of you have suggestions, I'm open. As it is now, I will wear steel toed shoes and taxi at a crawl till I get some brakes going.

Type at you later,

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby From A471 Myles, well done!& » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:53 pm

Great looking plane you have MarkDJ. I am sure you will have many hours of fun flying it. :rolleyes:
From A471 Myles, well done!&

Return to Pilots Lounge