[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Fuel Filters for Pioneers

Fuel Filters for Pioneers

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Stickid » Thu May 25, 2006 10:31 pm

I posted the other day regarding fuel/oil info. but I forgot to log in first...apologies for that but thanks to all who posted info for me.I have assemled my newly acquired series one and have actually been able to start both engines with no trouble at all. I wonder if anyone can tell me what the current best weighted type of filter is for use at the in-tank end of the fuel line. The old ones are all gummed up but appear to be a porous cylimder over a heavy weight of some sort. Is ther an alternative? They appear somewhat like a Radio Control type of clunk tank device btu larger. I appreciate all the info on this site,it has been invaluable. Thanks to all... Bob R
Stickid
Lazair Newbie

Postby uscgairdale » Fri May 26, 2006 7:20 pm

Welcome to the site Bob. Here's what I have seen installed on some series II and series III Lazairs. It's the same thing that I am using on my restoration.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/fuf02.php

Dave
B034
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Fri May 26, 2006 11:18 pm

I think there are actually two versions of this filter. The one you would probably be happiest with is the version that includes a check ball valve inside the filter. The check valve helps keep the fuel from draining back down the fuel lines as easily, which makes restarts easier, and is the style that Ultraflight specified (after all the problems with the original felt filters). Unfortunately, both versions of the filter look the same! You can tell which one you have by shaking it; the filter will rattle if it has the check valve. I'm not sure the filter at that link above has the check ball. You might ask before ordering. I think I got the proper replacements from CPS (California Power Systems) or one of the other Ultralight parts suppliers.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sat May 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Hey Bob

Post a pic or two of your plane :ph34r:

Miles
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun May 28, 2006 6:18 am

If you cannot find the in-tank filters with a built in check valve, you can always install the check valves seperately. My brother's series III is set up that way with the check valves just external to the fuel tanks. Another connection increases the risk for a leak, but it has worked well over the years. You definitely want to check the reverse fuel flow for when you refuel as repriming the entire line each time would get old real fast.

Tyler's Lazair site lists a source for check valves under Lazair parts. You may want to check it out. Regardless, there is a lot of neat stuff on there.

http://www.monisys.ca/~tparadis/

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:23 am

sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby sustainflight » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:05 pm

sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby sustainflight » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:07 pm

sustainflight