This jetpack would power 8 lazairs!

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby darkhorse » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:03 pm

:}
darkhorse
Popular Lazair Member

Postby uscgairdale » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:41 am

No, we just like Lazairs ultralights and thought that you did too. If you think that someone needs metal help for reaching out and taking an interest then I guess that I'm "nuts" as well.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:04 am

i love the internet :)

before we start waving the flag and shouting "freedom of keyboard"...

i will show my hand and say i am not a lazair purist by reasons of girth. i modify my lazairs for strength and added HP. i am learning as i go, guided my mentors like shannon, george, mckusick, etc etc. this website is awesome because people don't start ranting and debating stuff non-lazair. please keep it civil or we will chase away the newcomers who are dying to get into their lazairs.

perhaps we can start a group for "off-the-wall" discussion? pulse jets, model turbines and radials? oh my!

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:59 am

Well then, consider my hand UP in favor of Shannon. As for your comments about ("And if they do become a member then they are dreamers and idiots and will be combated, open for target practice, straffed, demoralized, humiliated, shamed and met with extreme prejiduce?????") I think you have completely missed Shannon's point. He was trying to get to know you a little bit better by asking you what series airplane you have so he could direct his questions and answers better.

As you probably already know, the Lazair has slightly difference variations, and to know what series a guy has helps direct the right questions. If you want viable info on the Lazair and are willing to listen, answer a question or two, and ask a civil question, you can and will receive some very insightful and valuable information regarding the use and maintainance of the Lazair airplane.

I'd speculate that there are some very talanted folks that are part of this group that we never hear from, and that's ok, but Shannon is one of those long time owners/builders that was in the Lazair business (a very intereted kid at the time) when his father was a dealer back in the 80's and grew up with the plane and really knows it inside and out. He has also been one of those long time guys that has always been willing to go out of their way to help the new guys...providing they are willing to learn. It's really the guy that can muster up a "thank you", "hey, I really appreciate the help" that Shannon will really bend over backwards for. So by say what you have about him, all you are doing is distancing yourself from some folks that could have and would have given you the information and help that has taken decades to learn.

There is no loathing here either, you are reading an awfully lot into this. This is a great group dedicated to the Lazair, not the bashing of others. Relax if you want and stick around or...

Really for me, you've already spoken volumes. My hand is WAY up!!!

George Curtis
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:56 pm

You seem to have us all figured out. Good for you.

This sort of discussion is why I left the Flyers site. I refuse to engage in this any further.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby crazyneosimpson » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:24 pm

I am not a lazair owner. I do own a raggy, slow ultralight but I also have a small business servicing and modifying ultralights in Australia. I'm here because I have a customer who wants me to make redrives and props for his two lazairs. You have a good resource of information here as well as "stock in hand" of active lazair owners.
BUT SINCE WHEN does asking "what series?" deserve a response like that?
Keep up the good work guys
crazyneosimpson
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:14 am

OK guys i am pleased to read that everyone is going to be nice to each other. it just depresses me even more to see this type of thing happening. At the moment here in OZ we are having problems with several sports groups whose board members are continually fighting amonst themselves to try to be boss hog of all recreational flying. this all comes back to one mob increasing weight limits to include lower end GA, we are now seeing the likes of types like a L4 cub warbird n the ultralight register ect. another mob want us to all have a GA license with VH rego. And what about us who fly REAL ultralights. well were treated like we have the pox. so please lets all just help each other and get along, there's enough negative shit going on in the world at the moment. OK OZZIE :angry:
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:24 am

My hand is up for those that want to talk Lazairs on this site. Don't have to own a Lazair, just be interested. They are certainly an interesting and unique airplane. There are plenty of other places on the web to discuss anything under the sun and rant about what ever.

Glen
Series III
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale