Interesting ebay items

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby pye » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:38 pm

Theres a brs parachute and a soarmaster engine (powerbee) with redrive listed on Ebay.
The powerbee looks like an interesting option for a lazair, someone must have tried one of these already they have been around for a while.
pye
Lazair Newbie

Postby Shannon » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:52 pm

Some years back a guy gave me one of these engines. It was in new never-run condition. I decided to break it down for inspection. I could not believe what I saw. The engine was assembled at the factory pre-disposed for complete failure. The engine case, conecting rod, ect... had not been cleaned of casting debris. It was just slapped together basically. Had the engine ever been run the casting remnants would have come loose and immediately wiped out the internals. I chunked the thing in the garbage right then and there from disgust. What a POS !!!!!

That's my Powerbee experience for what it's worth. I say don't waste your time. If you need a Lazair engine find some Rotax 185's.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:06 pm

Possible Rotax 185 replacement award goes to Tom Walters. His Solo 210's, Re-drives, and custom P-tips look very promising. We have no flight data as of yet however ??

http://lazair.com/forum/index.php?showt ... #entry4264
Shannon
SHANNON

Return to Lazair - General