Ruddervator control horn mod

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby JPXman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 am

hey lazairheads

thought i'd post a pic of my copy of the super lazair ruddervator horns, also taken from dave aldous' interpretation of the same. turned out really well, and in my opinion just a super mod to stop those single horns from twisting and cracking at the inner radius.

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:00 pm

Looks nice, Tyler. This is a real easy mod that doesn't take much time to do. I like the idea of doubling up on that part of the control system.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:56 am

G'day guys, the extra good thing about this mod is that it makes the rod end "safe" in that if the bearing fails the outer won't jump off. lot neater than the penny washers i have on mine, not to mention the redudency. Does the extra thickness make the elevator tight to refit?
Tyler, with the larger dia pushrods. are the inserts for the rodends made of alloy or nylon. If they are alloy, what is the tubes inside dia as i have about twenty alloy ones that that came with my box of spares. i also have some other parts that look like series three bits. i have just started a two week break(yahooo) so amongst all the other chores i'll lay them out and take some photos. priority tho is to search for a friendly farmer with a big paddock so i can do some serious testing. All the local strips have priced themselves out with their third party premiums.
B) steve
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info