Fabrication of Lazair Parts

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby russell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:33 am

Lazairiii (George), you mentioned that you could fab parts, does this include forming the tubes with bends to match the one's on my #1? Also, these 314 and 315 pieces you say you have, in my manual the only parts that these identify are bolts. Where are these exactly?

Russell,
Broken hearted in Georgia
russell
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Russell,

The 314 and 315 tubes I am referring to are the two side tubes that run forward from the side of the seat and curve together at your toes. I don't have my series II manual with me, but the part numbers are from a series III manual. I can make up the A303 A-frame tubes as well...for either the series I, II or III, and spar box parts if you crumpled those too.

George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:54 pm

George,

All the tubes in the #1 manual have a "T" prefix then one or two digits so if I decide to jump back into this project we'll come up with a universal language. I'm pretty much certain I'll need all these tubes. Struts look fine. I'm going to bring it home this weekend and start taking it apart, then I'll know more.

With the knowledge that you can do this it will solve a lot of problems for me and so help me decide what I'm going to do about my situation. I feel so bad about breaking it that I sorta feel an obligation to do something.

Soon as I can decide I'll get back to you.

Thanks
russell
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Russell,

Sorry, yes, the tubes do have the T before the numbers. I'm used to just spitting out the number assuming we're on the same page...sorry about that.

Let me know if I can help,
George

Below is a set of spar box parts I finished up for a fellow flyer a while back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:05 pm

The other spar box parts...
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:15 am

George, these pieces look great. You must have templates and original tube jigs as well as the tooling. Either way, you obviuosly know your way around metal working. Still compiling an inventory of parts needed. My biggest concern is not being able to see parts that may have minute flaws, even under very close scrutiny, that my lead to failure later. It would be impractical to replace every part just on principle. Oh well, at some point I've gotta trust myself to make the right decisions.

Thanks again for the offer. Don't be surprized to hear from me.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair - General