series three bits?

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby ozzie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:29 am

when i found my Lazair it came with the remains of a couple of kits that had been ratted for spares of course all the real good bits were gone. but still ended up with some hard to get parts and upgrade bits. there are some parts that i'd like to get identified so i will post some pitures for comment

the photo below shows a nylon P3 on the left and on the right is the same but from alloy rod. was this type a later retro or a maybe a mod done here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:37 am

these look like part of the strut attachment strenthing kit but the fitting part for the strut seems to short and does not match the original fitting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:44 am

Jury strut fittiings?
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:48 am

jury strut fitting for the wing rib?

thanks ozzie
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:47 am

Ozzie that is a metal BE plug that replaces the original nylon type. What you have there is "nearly" all the little bits needed to add Jury Struts to your plane. All you would need is tubing and two pieces of C-channel.

http://www.lazair.com/files/Lazair%20Jury%...izer%20kit1.pdf
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby ozzie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:30 am

Shannon, i dug around a bit more and found the remainder of the strut parts and fitted them. just have to get the tube to finish that part. when i came to fitting the F241 strut fitting stabiliser i found that it is not a perfect match (see photo) i assume that trimming it down will not be a problem. The only piece i am missing to fit this is the G314 gusset when i looked it up there is no reference as to the dimensions and material type for this part. any idea anyone. i assume that it is a piece of flat sheet.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:46 am

Hi Oz,

Yes, the F241's will need to be trimmed down. The reason they appear so oversize is because the wing attach fittings for later kits were a bit longer. On a Series 3 you wouldn't need to trim the F241's as much. The description and drawing for G-314 (c-channel) is provided in the Jury Strut pdf file link above. G-235 is the flat plate.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazairiii » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:57 pm

Ozzie,

Here are a couple more pics of what Shannon is describing.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:57 pm

And another...
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:43 pm

Great, all i have to do now is trim that fitting and find some sheet and i'll have a worthwhile upgrade.

I'll replace all the nylon P3's with the allloy ones as well. thanks for your help

Ozzie
ozzie
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info