Lazair II

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby aroguetrader » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:31 pm

Hey Dave...have you decided what type of glue you're going to use for the D-cell ribs? btw...really nice work!

- John
aroguetrader
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:28 pm

John,

My plan is just to use the same PL Premium glue that I used while rebuilding the ribs. That is, unless someone knows about a better glue to use.

Karl,

Here's a picture that I took tonight. I could get a better angle, but I need to move my wing rebuild and the hang cage from my Pterodactyl Ascender out of my garage. Page 5-46 shows some detail about the Lazair II brake caliper installation. It looks like you would need two additional pieces to install the caliper: p/n F247(the bracket) and F248(small plate on top of the axle). I'll bring the manual to work tomorrow so that I can scan it in.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 pm

Here is a pic of my most recent flight on Oct 10th.
Before the beeping snow today.
Its a shot of Depot Lake, as I was downwind for 12 at CYEL.
(Google Earth: Elliot Lake, ON).
Hopefully it will melt and return to more normal temperatures, since my skiis are not ready yet.
drh
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Sorry I think I tried to post my flight pic in the wrong spot.
BTW taking the wheels off the series three is ^&(*)_ enough I cannot imagine series two.
I hope to change my disc brake attach bolts to so they have permanent nuts inside the wheel like ole Frank has here, Then just take off disc and pull wheel off shaft.
I know I know its not that easy for series two.
That would only be a stop-gap to one of the different designs I have seen.
At least I could make a quick pit stop wheel change.

Cheers,

drh
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:04 pm

Good stuff!

The series 2 is just as unfriendly towards tire changes too! Either the wings get supported, or some kind of spreader bar needs to be put in as the axle gets taken out.

Nice picture. If it is at all possible, can you give the dimensions of the plates?

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:26 am

Karl,

I'll get you the dimensions of the plate and bracket. For now, here's a diagram out of the Lazair II manual.......

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Thanks Dave,

I guess that this page would be pretty much what would be shown in the add-on kit instructions, and unless there is someone out there not jealously guarding them, this is as close as it's going to get. All that's needed now are the plate dimensions.

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:07 pm

Here are the plate dimensions (F248). Now I just need to measure the bottom bracket (F247).

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:35 pm

I 'm getting organized for the final push on the right wing. I am removing all of the corrosion and spraying the backside of the d-cell with some gray self etching primer.

Once the right wing is rebuilt I plan to put it in the rafters of my garage while I start into the left wing. (I want to cover both wings at the same time to eliminate a difference in temperature)

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks Dave,

I guess the edge distance on the holes is somewhere in the neighbourhood of .350"-.400" (standard E.D.)

Hope you don't have racoons hiding in there. Our hangar did (does?) and when I took my wings down, I had footprints and a few other surprises to clean off. At least they didn't try eating them!

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge