[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Mr. Dale Cramer I need help please!

Mr. Dale Cramer I need help please!

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Shannon » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:25 pm

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby LAZAIR 4 EVER » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:32 pm

LAZAIR 4 EVER
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:07 am

BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby kiloone » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:29 am

kiloone
Lazair Newbie

Postby kiloone » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:34 am

kiloone
Lazair Newbie

Postby LAZAIR 4 EVER » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 pm

LAZAIR 4 EVER
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:22 am

ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby LAZAIR 4 EVER » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:37 pm

Good for you ozzi.
For sure you never say "ultralight" because if you do!
They get scared and they'll refuse to sell you anything.

By the way! I fixed one of my leading edge very easely. It took me like five minutes to get it right with the carpet methode from Dale.Thanks Dale!

But the other leading edge was much more complicated.
I could not get the bend right where I wanted it. and ended up folding it too much so I had to bring it to a friend of mine that as a break to get it flat again. But than we maid some creas in the sheet metal so I still have to try it again.
But I am sure that with new sheet metal it would be very easy to do, once you have located where you want you radius.

I was looking at a frensh site it is called APPULMA.
On their link there's a site that was talking about an electric back pack for paramotors and these guys get fouty minuts for 90lb of trust for sixty somme pounds weight of total equipment. So! You know we don't need the big hoop around the prop and the motor weight is wayyyy!!!!! less which lives lots of over for battery weight.
fourty minutes is a lot.

Bob Bouche is an expert at electic systemes of this type. He ownes a conpany called astro flight which sells high performence motors and controler for big models. he would know what controler to use on that type of rigg.

Thanks!

LAZAIR 4 EVER
LAZAIR 4 EVER
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:25 am

G'day L4E

seems like a tough road to get your wings fixed. but no one seems to get it right the first time around. something that no one mentioned about picking up the holes for the new skin. i found on mine from previous repairs that a lot of holes had been drilled out off centre (butchered) and a 1/8 rivet was pretty useless so i used 3/16 were needed.

I've been reseaching away on these engines. the thrust figures are pretty impressive. they leave the pioneers for dead. A couple of things that pop to mind is they say they fly models around 30lb in weight. would the bearings be able to handle the weight of the Lazairs without pulling the shaft out? And could we run our nylon props on these engines. the pitch and diameter used on there tests seem close to our blades. (although to date, no one has seemed to work out the pitch of our props.) Will torque or lack of it, be a factor to spin the prop up to rpm?
I had a look at the predator that you metioned so small for the size.
I have seen the photos and video of the guys from Toronto area that made the packpack they state 75kgs of thrust takes three to hold it. the time to full thrust from off is twice as fast as any combustion engine. It would have to be like comparing the smoothness and "real" power of say a PT6 turbine to a big radial. They also burnt out a couple of controllers. Shame the photos do not show any real detail but looks very neat.
I live not far from our state university that have a dedicated photovolatic dept. they build the solar powered cars that race down thru the centre of Australia very high voltages 400 plus. they have released some very early plans for their hub motors you can build if you want. but other than that they are very tight on giving out info.
be nice to cover the wings with their lightweight high efficiency panels as the next step. B)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby LAZAIR 4 EVER » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:28 pm

Hi Ozzie

Solar power! Now you talk.

That would be real nice!

Not even having to charge.

Great in your contry with all that sun!

LAZAIR 4 EVER
LAZAIR 4 EVER
Lazair.com Member