Large Ruddervator Pushrods

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby russell » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:31 pm

Was the large ruddervator pushrod tubes ever standard equipment on any series? Has anyone any printed material on them?

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:57 am

Russell,

I know that the two-place had the larger 1/2" diameter puchrods as a standard configeration. It's listed as one of the upgrades/differences of that version versus the single place.

One of the Elite guys would know for sure, but I think that those have the larger pushrods too.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:38 am

Thanks Dave for the info. I was beginning to think that I was either on a black list or everyone was shut down for the holidays. :unsure: I just knew that there was at least one person out there that has them!
I looked through the Series III manual thinking that one surely came with them.

Happy holidays,
may your lump of coal be a big one and your bag of switches be small.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:58 pm

As I understand it, yes, the Series III came factory with these. This is my series II converted over to the wide gear, larger pushrods and a bunch of other stuff I had some great help with. This pic was just before covering a couple of years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:59 am

Nice looking frame. Looks as though the tail secton of mine will need to be altered in order for the tubes to pass between the boom and the upper portion of the tail. I really didn't want to recover those sections again after just recovering them. They are the second easiest pieces to cover, but removing that tape, ugh.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Actually I think large pushrods became standard on Series III's somewhere around kit #800 on. A quick look at Tyler's tracker site confirms quite a few Series III's below Kit #800 with small ruddervator pushrods.

http://www.monisys.ca/~tparadis/Tracked_Lazairs.htm
Shannon
SHANNON

Return to Re-Building tips and info