February 2007 will be D-Cell month

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby xgary » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:05 am

I posted this on Yahoo as well, If anyone can send it around to other Lazair site and Ultralighters that would be great.

Ok, Lazairheads, Great opportunity for anyone who wants D cells or complete wings.

Looking at the Month of Feb 2007 will be NEW D cell month. A few more orders in this week and looking to start and finish them all in Feb. If you want D cells -- Now is the time to speak up.

I will have available to you ser 2 or ser 3 D cell 020 skins and if anyone has a 2 seater or Elite that wants D cells I will be doing them as well. sorry no .016 ones .

Now the entire D cell will be all new from nose ribs to alum will all be new- I am not interesed in your old dcells or rebulding them unless you have sentimental value and you want to pay extra for the time to repair them .

So Basically the cost is $ 1500 CDN per D- cell you pay 2/3s up front and the rest prior to shipping or pickup near London Ontario. I might make a few extra d cells and stock one or 2 pairs and if I do they will have a price tag of min. 2000 $ CDN each. I have yet to get price for crating and shipping but will have done soon.

If you want the wings built and fitted -- that can be arranged as well.

Remember, If you could buy a new lazair Kit now over 20 years since Ultraflight closes it's door the Kits would be near 15,000.00 complete. So if you got you a dead lazair that is basically worthless or can acquire one with engines that needs TLC or d cells you could have a cheap lazair that will fly again real soon.

If you want D cells this might be the only time to get new d-cells for a few years at least.

Shorty
shorty@lazair.com
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:51 am

I am seting up this week to start the D cells

Last call will be announced soon.

Questions ?

Just ask
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:06 am

Ok , Will be starting the Dcells within a Week as it looks right now. I have all the jiggiing out and will be setting it up over the next week.

I have some local responses and orders but no one from this forum is even talking about D cells . I find that odd. But hey if you want New d cells this will be the only time you will get them made ready for spring. If you order before the end of Feb. you will have ready to be shipped or picked up within 2 weeks.

I am sure once I post some pics of the new D cells you will be more interested. :P :D :lol: B)

and it you want a complete Ser3 with 185s and original Lazair pod there is one for sale on London area. 4500$ i think he wants and wil get. I woul bet that if a new Lazair Kit was available today folks would pay close to 15K for it but yet you can buy a flying one for 4500 with POD. I was thinking of buying it my self and making a mold off that pod .... What would YOU pay for a original style pod ?

Let's see who know what Ultraflight was advertizing a ser 3 for in 1985 ?

If makes the New Dcell offer look pretty cheap 22 years later.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Hey Shorty,

I am sure a lot of people are drooling at a chance to get new D cells, and congrats are in order for having big brass ones to do it, but the holiday season probably still has them counting pennies. I know I am!

For myself, though new D cells would be really great to get, the wings on my rebuild project aren't so far gone as to justify scrapping them. Getting replacement parts for the damaged ones would be the road for me to follow. Seeing as how you are getting or already have the tooling set up, maybe you could offer those bits as well at a later date?

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Karl,

The wings are not hard to make just time consuming,

What parts are you loooking for ?
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi Shorty,

Just some odds and ends really. Until I get into them, I won't know all the stuff I'll be needing but some things I know right now are the strut attachment strips and additional strut angles on the wing bottom for the jury strut add-on, strut clamps for same. I have some clamp material strips on hand, but no good way to bend them up. Stiff stuff at .090" to bend around a pipe!

This plane had been left outside in the winter until the snow and ice weight caused the R/H wing fitting to fail, sending the strut through the D cell like a spear. (Small patch required on both sides). I never saw the plane in that condition, but taken apart and shoved in a trailer. The deal I got on it was too amazing to pass up!

Right now I'm working on the fuse, stripping everything off part by part and completely reworking them, then the tail. I bought wide track gear parts from Lazairwrecks, but the oversleeve tubes on the main down tubes weren't included, so I'll need to pick up those to complete the fuse mod. Slow process, but I'm not in a hurry.

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:57 am

KArl,

Do you have a picture of this ?
"caused the R/H wing fitting to fail, sending the strut through the D cell like a spear. (Small patch required on both sides). "

I can vision that and patching a spar is not as simple as you might think.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:38 pm

lazair dcell opened after 20 years plus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:50 am

Hello Shorty,

How much for the 6' tapered section of a D-cell? It's the only piece I don't have to finish my series I.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am

Hi Shorty,

The damage on the spar itself is non existant. The mounting tang sheared off right at the bolt, leaving the rest of the part still firmly attached to the spar web with no damage on it. Only the D nose skin has the damage, and a couple of formed patches should do the trick. When I dismantle the remains, I'll inspect it for cracks or other damage and do a penetrant test to make sure. Like you say, not complicated, but time consuming.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale