[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - RE-Skinninig Wings

RE-Skinninig Wings

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Learner » Fri May 14, 2004 10:56 am

I am looking at starting to fly a 1986 Lazair model B. I Have been talking to a friend that has it. He said that the wings will have to be re-skinned in the next little while. I was wondering if anyone could let me know a price, that it would cost to do that myself, or where on the internet I could find this info.

Cheers, Learner
Learner
Lazair Newbie

Postby b diedenhofen » Fri May 14, 2004 12:57 pm

You might want to check the lazair group on yahoo groups. There's a pretty extensive links section which might help you with some research. Theres also a good photo section to check out. Have a look back through the history of topics there, you'll find quite a bit of discussion on covering and materials. Currently, it appears a bit difficult to find the original Tedlar covering. Various individuals are trying to find the stuff. Perhaps something will come to light soon. The other option is to cover it with aircraft fabric. Have a look at the various homebuilt aircraft parts suppliers for details on the different methods of applying it. It's a bit heavier and doesn't look as cool as the clear Tedlar, but it works, is very durable and long lasting. I recovered mine with fabric for about $500.00

I seem to recall an ad at barnstormers.com showing a fellow with a couple of original covering kits for sale. A little internet sleuthing may turn something up.

Brian
b diedenhofen
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Fri May 21, 2004 1:28 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Wed May 26, 2004 6:06 pm

recovering a lazair
Tedlar seems almost non existent at moment
John Nagy I heard got 5 inch wide strips if you have a use for it I sure he would give you a deal on it .

Too bad dupont did not give 5 foot wide. surely some one gonna come thru.
If you want em done in fabric bring wings,tail to London ontario area. Surely someone will do for you :) cost will be near 2000.00 covered and painted.
might even get it test flown for that
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info