Lazair II for sale, Ready to Fly.

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:37 am

Hi guys,

I find that my current location is not conducive to Lazair flying....so I will be selling her for someone else to enjoy.

The Lazair is a series II with rudder pedals, Rotax 185's with the CDI conversions so no points.

I have flown her about 4 times only so her total airtime is about 90 minutes. She flew beautifully and exhibits the wonderfully gentle habits of a well behaved Lazair.

The engines run strong and smooth with the bi props.

I was flying her at 3200' elevation field with my 230lb weight at 75% power and getting a solid 400'/min rate of climb

Engines have about 5 hours total time on them since they were new and I had to break them in first for a couple hours and with some taxi familiarzation and test hops and 4 flights.

She has good tedlar all around, some of it new like on the tail and some on the wings.

She is in great shape in fly away condition, no prangs or hard landings....is that even possible in a Lazair :-).

Im thinking about $3,750 for this ready to fly Lazair including enclosed trailer.

I'll put her on the Lazair sites for a while first before going to Barnstormer, it would be great to sell it to one of this boards fine people so you guys have first shot at it.

Ray Buhr
Lake Elsinore, CA
858-232-7063
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:54 pm

I find that my current location is not conducive to Lazair flying........??

Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a 500 bucks to buy those 2 Old Rotax motors on eBay. Of course that assumes I would`nt have been involved in a bidding war with the high bidder.

But it sure sounds like a great deal Ray and I'll be sure to pass it on to anybody I know the might be interested in getting back into flying ultralights.

A ready to fly Lazair for the price of two new engines and props.

Hardly more than the price I paid for mine with its two underpowered pioneers.

Still that statement that your current location is not conductive to lazair flying stuck in my head.............why. :ph34r:
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:21 pm

The Lazair has been sold.

Had 2 parties that were ready to buy, unfortunately 1 got left out in the cold.

Does anyone else have one for sale close to Southern California?

I'd like to help the other buyer get one as well.

Mine will be residing with its new owner in San Diego county soon.

Ray
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi Yankeflyer,

The local strip where I fly gliders from as well does not allow ultralights.

Reason: Some ultralight buzzed the local residents 20 yrs aga and annoyed them so they called Lake Elsinore City Hall to complain, who in turn made it known to the airport manager that the City is very displeased with his airports users.

He is a skydive operation and simply banned ultralights from his airport since they made no significant contribution financially and were turning out to be more trouble than they were worth.....End of story for Ultralights!

I was driving 90 miles to a dry lake to fly and just did not go anymore because it would be to windy when I got there.

Also, I am buying a Moni Motor glider to take the Lazair's place.....it is not an ultralight and I will have no problem flying it from most any airport or strip since it is a proper registered aircraft and not sensitive to wind conditions......hence I'll fly it a lot.

Still like Lazairs and the bit of flying I did do was great!

Ray

Moni: ~28' span, 30hp, 120mph, 20:1 L/D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:40 pm

This Lazair is for sale again, that last party decided they wanted another Ultralight a couple days before they were supposed to close the deal.....fickle I guess.

My Ready to fly Lazair is once again for sale at the same price $3,750 USD.

Ray

PS Craig where did you go....still want it...its available!
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:34 pm

Jeez......not another one......my next buyer has to sell stuff BEFORE he can pay.....

I can't wait around for ever!

If someone who actually HAS $3,750 in the form of CASH......wants to buy my Lazair, well its first come first served at this point.

I will only take 1 payment for the full amount.

I can not wait for you to save your money up. I tried that a couple times and it just never seems to pan out, and Im left hanging in the wind so to speak.

Lazair is still for sale if anyones interested and has money to spend.

You get a series II Lazair with rudder pedals and Wildfire CDI ignition+ Enclosed Trailer + ~70' of Tedlar + old flywheel and parts from CDI conversion.

It has been TEST flown by me and has only a couple hours flying plus the engines are just broken in at 6 hours total time.

Ray
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:11 pm

My Lazair is really SOLD this time.

Its been paid for and will soon be off to Gallatin, TN.

I'll miss her, but she is better off being flown than sitting in the trailer due to excessive winds out here.

I do still have my other flying toys, an HP-11 Glider, a Moni MotorGlider and soon a Kolb Ultrastar.

The Kolb will satisfy my need to tinker, fly slow and hang out in the breeze and will tolerate a lot more wind than the Lazair.

I'll miss the song of the dual Rotaxes when synced up at full power, and the absence of wind blast as they suck the air out of the way of the pilot.

The Kolb is butt-ugly by comparison but perhaps with a cool paint job will ease the loss of shinny Aluminum and Tedlar in the sky.

rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:59 am

regardless, you still flying ray !!

congrats on the sale of your lazair.

I know there will be more Lazairs flying this year with brand new d cells
:) :):):):):):):):)
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale