1982 Lazair For sale?

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby parafire » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:47 pm

I inherited this 1982 Lazair and I am concidering selling it. The only problem is I am not sure as what this plane would be worth today. Back in 1983 I had actualy bought one and have long since sold it, so I know what it was worth back then.

This bird was built by a freind of mine who put a whole 2 hrs on it, most of it was from taxiing around. One day he told me that he accidently took off and then panicked and tried to turn to low and ended up hitting the ground hard enough to bend both wings. He then rebuilt the wings and then it sat in a trailer for the next 24 years till I showed up on the scene.

One thing I will say for my freind is that he is realy meticulous about everything that he builds and the Lazair was no exception. This unit has the Rotax 185 engines on it and they have been stored inside and are in great shape. The unit is totaly covered in tetlar and I have a spare roll with, I think enough tape to do the entire bird. I also have three extra props with it and all kinds of odds and ends as well.

The serial number on this bird is A534.

It also has a fully enclosed trailer that is home made and needs a little TLC.

I live up near Fort McMurray Alberta Canada, so I am a little ways from every one. To many trees in this country to fly an ultralite.

My Brothers still own the one I bought back in 1983 but it has not seen the skys in many years. These are truely a unique aircraft.

Happy flying.
Jon
parafire
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:46 am

Hi john

Post some pics of what you have. I few of us in edmonton are into lazairs and we're not that far away. what kind of gear does it have, the wide gear with the wheels on the outside of the wing strut, or the narrow gear with the wheels inbetween the wing struts? need more info for an accurate appraisal. a fully flying lazair fetches around 3500 for a basic machine, so work backwards from that today.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby parafire » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:15 pm

It has the narrow landing gear. I hate to say this but it is going to take me over a week at least to get the pictures together as I am just getting back on shift. It has also been quite a while since I put one together, but I will see what I can do.

Thank for the reply.
I thought most of these birds were back east.

Jon
parafire
Lazair.com Member

Postby parafire » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:17 pm

Tyler

If you want send me your phone # and I will give you a call on my dime.

Jon
parafire
Lazair.com Member

Postby vinodclimes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:01 am

I am interested pls tell me the approximate price
vinodclimes
Lazair.com Member

Postby parafire » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:25 am

3500.00 takes the whole works.
Have a great day.
Jon
parafire
Lazair.com Member

Postby vinodclimes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:53 am

do you have any pictures
vinodclimes
Lazair.com Member

Postby vinodclimes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:55 am

I am from india.

Can you pls help me to find the shipping charges.
vinodclimes
Lazair.com Member

Postby vinodclimes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:58 am

can you come on chat . Pls provide me the chat id
vinodclimes
Lazair.com Member

Postby parafire » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:43 am

I will try and get some pictures today if time will alow.
I do not know how to get onto any chat lines, however if you send me your phone # I will try and give you a call.
As for shipping, I think it would cost a small fortune to have this sent to Indiana, but I will look into it and let you know what I find out.
Thanks for the inquirey.
Jon
parafire
Lazair.com Member

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale