A recent flight...

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby lazflyn » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:44 pm

George,

I can't wait to take some inflight pics of the Lazair that I'm truly infatuated with. I think that should complete my love affair with... I mean... Aaaaaa....

Yeah, maybe I'll see if I can sometime come over and take some shots of your plain plane. That's if you really want me too.

Karl,

I'm crazy.

Having said that, I pack about 60 lbs of gear. The pic I am showing you is my complete setup. Everything you see there is what I need to camp in the backcountry. Namely: Tent, sleeping bag, food, water, bug spray, a good book, a change of clothes, more water, transceiver, cell, gps, matches, chargers, and of course: tools, spare plugs, AND MOST IMPORTANT (in a Lazair) - spare fuel.

To complete my setup, 2 things: #1. a P.L.B. (very important considering where I like to fly). 2. a water purifier (to save some weight).

At first my Lazair didn't like my setup (too much weight and drag). But I trimmed it down to only what is absolutely necessary (and still have a good time). Works good now.

How to get fuel in the middle of nowhere? Careful planning, being smarter than the wind, and luck (I had a 24 mph tailwind that blew me down to Montrose, Colorado. From there I fought a 10 mph headwind to Moab. From there I planned on and received a 21 mph tailwind from Mexican Mountain (by Green River, UT) all the way back to Vernal).

So I cheated. That flight would have been longer, but I am getting to know how to time my flights. And I'm lucky, but I don't plan on luck.

That's it I'm done highjacking this thread for George. I should have started my own. Please forgive me George.

Guys what George has done, few have done or could ever do. His plane is a masterpiece. A true work of art. I would say he is lucky to have such a beauty waiting for him in a hanger, but that can't be said. What can be said is that he made that luck. That is to say that he worked and reworked. Perfected what was already quite alright and went beyond. It's not just the fact that it's shiny or has CF P-tips. If you could only see in person, you would simply be amazed.

George, you're my hero.

Just kidding, but seriously I admire a person that can accomplish what you have.

MarkDJ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby lazairiii » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:34 am

Wow Mark, I really don't deserve all that. You on the other hand get an "A" for these adventures you go on. Folks, I hike this area and it's absolutely an amazing area to see, but from a Lazair, now that's what I call incredible!

It would be great to have you swing over and we could get some pics of each other's plane in the air. Let's watch for good weather!!
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:42 am

Thanks Mr. Humble, owner of a Titanium and Carbon Fiber Lazair.

Maybe this Saturday?

By the way, I still would like to post the video. No luck so far.

MarkDJ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby lazairiii » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:27 am

Ahhh, two things I love. Camping (actually backpacking in this very region) and Lazair's. It doesn't get much better than that.

Nice pic from the tent.

Saturday is out as I'll be...camping with my two boys. Heehee!!!
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Pilots Lounge