[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Source for Tedlar

Source for Tedlar

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Chappy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:26 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:18 am

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:35 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:18 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:29 pm

Shorty,

Hey, I forgot about that stuff. I gotta get some of it and try it! Of course you're right, Ozzie and I have done mostly old Mylar jobs that used rubber based adhesives. I couldn't find the old messages about it using the search engine on this site, so I used Google. They list lots of sources for a 3M Citrus based adhesive remover. Is this the correct stuff? Cost around $15-20 per nice sized spray can. They also list a 3M citrus cleaner, that's about the same price. It would seem that the adhesive remover would be the product to use, but you're advising using the cleaner? Do you have the actual 3M product part number so we can order the correct stuff the first time?

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:12 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:34 am

Guys, I searched through the messages

3m PRODUCT POST
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:06 pm

I was going to put in a plug for using the steam cleaner, but apparently Shorty has found the "holy grail of removing old tapes"! I would pay $50 per wing if it works as good as I think it does.

If only I had known about this before I rebuilt my wings.....

How does it affect the foam on the ribs?

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:04 am

Hi all, just to say when i used the steam to get the tape off, i still had to remove the glue using citrasolve. using solvents ect without using steam i found i was wasting more than half the product just to lift the tape and still had most of the glue left to deal with. i just found that after developing the right technique the whole process was quicker and much safer than the old mek method being used at the time. ie steam tape off then citrasolve glue.
if shorty's product works as a one step process removing glue and tape in one application leaving just to clean up. And does it faster than the other method sign me up anything to speed up the worst job during rebuilding suits me fine. something i hope i wont have to do for a while.

here's a photo of a must have sundial for every hanger. saw this in Italy at
www.euroflyulm.com. factory/airstrip they have a very a fine range of aircraft i really like their 'flash comfort' for when i retire... i scored a two week work trip :D

one of the workers with the company there is right into flying and paragliding, the alps start about 5k away. weekend was pretty involved. but rather chilly . having my feet still on the ground at 6,000ft is a bit of a novelty for me. 100yd dash is a bit of a killer tho. perfect Lazair country open fields thermals and ridge lift. eyes open.. i counted no less than 55 para gliders in the air at anyone time plus two silent self launch gliders and some ultralights. to easy to have fun, the whole area around Semonzo is known as simply Airpark.

looking forward to this summers flying and next years trip.
ozzie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Re-Building tips and info