Its 2008

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Lspav8r » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I just bought a Lazair and IM gonna need to cover it. I need to know if there is a covering that has been found to match the performance of this Tedlar that is not available any more. My name is Jim and IM located in Beaver Dam Wisconsin.
My email is jms9453@lspav8r.com, and my number is 920 382 0937

I have been reading the posts but they are so old I dont know if there has been found a replacement that will work. The posts are really funny to read sometimes but I dont think there should be any fingers or arguing because your beliefs are n ot that of the other people in the posts. This covering problem to me is a big one and not to be made lite of nor argued over.

Sorry for the opinion but I am here for the duration and I dont believe in arguing to the point of fingering someone. When you have a valid answer or proper proof/specs then post but please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Skelly
Lspav8r
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Jim,

Have you checked out Falcon East? Mike Fithian owns that bussiness and is a real nice guy. He supports the Falcon XP and ULs with all sorts of parts, including Tedlar and tapes. I bought my tapes for my project from him and have been quite happy with them. As for the Tedlar, I do not recall the exact specs on what he is selling.

If I remember right his website is aerofalcon.com.

Good luck,

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Lspav8r » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks fellas for the informatioin.

Tell me this? Has anyone checked on the material that is used for those awnings that are the rage? They look like they will take the uv for years but Im not sure about the weight of the material. If this stuff would work it would be great because of the colors that can be incorporated in to the material.

Just a thought on my part. I guess I could rewsearch this as well but since tedlar is in such short supply maybe someone has already checked in to its use.

Jim Skelly
Lspav8r
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Jim,

The effort you would put into a search for alternative material, testing the shrinking characteristics of the new material, tape adhesion, blah blah blah...all that effort could be put into finding tedlar, or just getting tedlar from falconeast, and if you're worried about UV paint the tedlar with house paint.

you'll be done by next week.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info