[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair II

Lazair II

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:39 pm

My wings are now 100% restored. Even though it took a lot of glass work to make my wingtips fit, they came out sweet.

Here's a pic of the left wingtip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:41 pm

The white on red scheme was something that I made up on the fly. I couldn't find any clear tedlar tape so I made the white tape look like I used it on purpose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Here you can see the rubber mounts to help isolate vibrations from the instrument panel. I also used rubber gromets at all feedthroughs to help protect my wiring.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Tonight I added some sharp trailing edge to the center section. Again it's white so that it will match the tedlar tape on trailing edges of the wings.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:30 am

Dave, I had a guy supply me with primer bulbs last year that looked just like yours. I was reluctant to use them but he insisted. First pump they fell apart. I wired them with safety wire an the end stayed in place after that. I was at his place a few weeks ago ( 9 months later) the primer bulb has totally fallen apart.

I suggested again to him that we have a few options.
- but good bulbs from outboard -- they do last better. My boats have them over 20 year old
- install a facet fuel pump and small 12 v battery. rechasrge when necessary./
- I could drill the carbs and press in a fitting and use 2 separate primer circuits
- use a spray bottle of gas to prime engine if needed. You do not need oil/gas mix either as it just firing the engine and they is a ton of residual oil left in engine.

I also argued to him that you do not need any of the above for regular usage as the Dellorto carbs are like a Bing with a Float bowl and when you open the "enricher" (NOT A CHOKE) it allows raw fuel from float bowl into carb.

On a diaphram carb it's fuel pump will usually draw the fuel up quickly if it leaks down. A squirt bottle will help here too if you cannot get gas to stay up for a few days. A fuel filter in tank will help a bit too with a check valve in it.

One more thing I have not tried but would help is to hav a "header tank" even a pint sized one up near the level of the engines to store some gas in it.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:33 am

Nice wing tips.

I am making a more stream lined wingtip as well.

the original was 1/2 " tube then after it was copied wiht glass it became about 3/4 " thick, not necessary but simple.

Really it might not make any differance at Lazair speeds though.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:51 am

I am planning on using a facet fuel pump instead of the primer bulbs. I already have more fuel line and a battery for my electric start. It makes the most sense to go that route.

Looks like I my have sold another ultralight so I'll be able to afford getting a second good engine and some ground adjustable Powerfin props. I'll also be putting the wings on the fuse out at the airfield.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 am

uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 am

uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:55 am

uscgairdale
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge