Prepurchase Opinions/Help

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Siggie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:57 am

:unsure:

I'm looking for opinions on the South Carolina Elite Lazair that is for sale on Barnstormers, it is Thomas Walters' aircraft. I looked at pictures and talked to him, sounds good so far to me. ????

However , being up in Alberta, Canada .... S.C. is a fair hike from here. So I would like to know if anyone has more history on the aircraft. Also, the spoilers and the integrity of the wing after installation? Is the price in line? Any opinions on the solo engines?

Thanks !
:unsure:
Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:50 pm

what part of alberta?

two of us at least in edmonton with flying lazairs. Tom's airframe is fantastic, he even included spoilers in the wings!

however the solo210 is as of yet unproven as a lazair powerplant. several owners are making headway though. This should factor into the price of the lazair. $9,000 is definitely a fair price for basically a brand new lazair.

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:35 pm

The only thing that would make that plane look any nicer is wheel pants and a new fuel tank.

Nice plane!
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Siggie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 am

Wow ...thanks for the great responses!

1st Knight/Joe: thank you for all your input and info and fantastic pictures, this is a great help in considering this Elite Lazair.

JPXman/Tyler: I live in outside of Lethbridge, I have 90 acres and with a really nice grass strip. Are there any other Lazairs S. of Edmonchuk? This is a great forum, loads of info and inspiration. Do you know of anyone who hauls back from S.C., ideas or costs to get this Lazair to Canada?

Lazairiii: Thanks ! Do you know where I can purchase wheel pants and a new fuel tank?

Shannon: Thanks for the original picture....cool. Looks like it had wheel pants, I'll have to check them out.

It is exciting to know how many out there share my interest and passion for flying...especially in a Lazair. I have owned and flown Lazairs since the early 80's and an Elite would make me feel ...Elite...lol . Does anyone know of any other Elites out there for sale?
Again, this is a really nice site, w/ great folks.

I would love to get a Lazair in time for the weather to warm up around here, as Tyler would agree...it is COLD out. Brrgh :ph34r:
Thanks again everyone
Jim aka siggie
Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby lazairkid » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 am

Jim,
The Elite comes with wheel pants, I just don't have them on right now.
Here is a pic from our Fly-in last May.

Thomas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby lazairkid » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:06 am

Here is the wheel pants now..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Drool. very nice
do you have a photo of the spoilers?
ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby lazairkid » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:40 am

Here is one before the tedlar was put on.
The spoiler is made of fiberglass using aircraft piano hing riveted to the spar.
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby lazairkid » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 am

Here is where they are located on the wing.
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby Lspav8r » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:32 am

lazairkid @ Jan 29 2008, 10:03 AM wrote: Jim,
The Elite comes with wheel pants, I just don't have them on right now.
Here is a pic from our Fly-in last May.

Thomas.

Hello guys.

I am new to this group so to speak, but anyways, I wanted to let everyone know that I am located one hour south of Oshkosh, and I transport aircraft in my 20 ft enclosed trailer. It is 20ft long inside by 8.5 ft wide by 6.6 ft high inside. I charge .68 cents empty/deadhead, and 1.25 per loaded mile. cheapest I know of in the aircraft hauling arena. USDOT Registered.

Jim (Lspav8r)
Lspav8r
Lazair.com Member

Return to Lazair - General