General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby xgary » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:25 pm

ozzie well said,

plus no one sits at pc in this weather :rolleyes:
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:52 am

I think this a terrible idea all the way around for a plenitude of reasons !

If you are lucky enough to have a Lazair fix it up original and fly it off of wheels ! You will have a load of fun for cheap.

Otherwise get yourself a "disposable""higher power" "fat" "parts available" UL of some type that can haul gear, beer, fish. Plenty of those around.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:08 pm

Sounds like wisdom. Any suggestions in particular?

Postby ozzie » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:40 pm

this texas flyer guy would be your best source of info i think.. i would look at somthing that is made mostly from fibreglass. time to hop in the car and visit a few airports and clubs see what the locals fly and prefer. local knowledge is best. talk to people and see what and where they fly. thats the best help i can give you .good luck
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:56 pm

here what u need for fishing dude

lol lazair would become a lazyUnAnnodizedcorrodingpos in no time
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:09 pm

I'd have to agree with Shorty. More than likely operating a Lazair in salt water would be a bad thing. Humid climate is bad enough.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:54 pm

For the waters that interest me, you would need something with a flatter hull and a tunnel. But I've been there and done that. On the Texas coast, it's fairly common for a tail dragger to fly up and down the beach looking for fish, land on the beach, fish and then head home. I'm thinking fishing the flats the same way would be productive and combine the fun of fishing with the fun of flying. I have read about Buffett doing it in South Florida but his budget is a little larger than mine. Even at that, i figure an ultralight would be a more effective platform for this effort than the larger float planes?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:58 pm

To make sure I'm being clear, the flatter hull and a tunnel comment referred to the pictured boat. And I sure wouldn't want to abuse a Lazair or anything else, but what should I be looking at?

Previous

Return to Lazair - General