[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Driving West

Driving West

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby JPXman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Siggie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:15 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Siggie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:19 am

Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby Siggie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Hey JOE thanks for the call...
Got your pic's of trailer and rigging ....looks good!
My problems are the distance to haul on a open trailer and the timing to pull everything together.
The Lazair would have to be loaded and delivered to meet Tyler at somewhere close to where he is picking up his vehicle :unsure:
and so as not to hold Tyler up, it would have to be like Wed. morning!
That's quite a push to have everyone go through for my benefit!

Joe, I'm sending pix of how I hauled my Glasair Sportsman from Arlington WA to Lethbridge Ab.Can. back in Oct. 2007.
If there was the time and opportunity I would buy your trailer(and include 2 spinners) and cover the whole unit like this and Bob's your uncle...
Jim

Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:12 pm

my timeline is i am leaving waterloo, NY at about 10am on THURSDAY morning, and i have to get to Yorkton, SK by Saturday morning at 10am. So I have 48hours. I can drive pretty long hauls, and have towed lots of trailers lots of places in lots of weather.

Jim, you pull it together and i'll pull it for you. I figure its about 30 hours driving going straight from waterloo to yorkton, so i have about 10 hours available to go pick something up. 5 hours down, 5 hours back, and due to customs on my truck i MUST cross in buffalo, lewiston bridge. if you can arrage a Uhaul rental of a flat deck car trailer that would probably suffice as well. tie it down all nicey nice, cover it in some kind of wrap, and we're good to go.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Siggie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey Joe
...Thats a heck of a story...it takes a lot of patience on deals like your trip. The cover on my Sportsman aircraft is like Tedlar and comes in rolls 12ft. wide(folded) then you need a large heat gun and special tape and shrink it in place while on the trailer. The timing on this is very tight...and it does'nt look like we have a means to hook up with Tyler in Buffalo? I am not giving up ...I'll keep trying Jim
Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby Siggie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Hey Tyler..
Are you all set to lift off for the big hike tomorrow?
Thanks for your awesome offer..I do appreciate but I'm going to have to pull my horns in for now :(
I'll still take two rolls of Tedlar if you come across a truck load of the good stuff!
I'm sure there is a line up ahead of me ? Anyway, have a safe trip and we will talk when you're home again
Jim
Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Return to Pilots Lounge