The KFM 107e Engine

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:43 pm

I have been thinking about starting this thread for a while now. Since I now own three of these and have a zero time still in the box fourth one on the way from Quebec, I guess now is as good as time as any to start it. I realize that the vast majority of Lazair owners do not use this engine, but hey there are a handful of us out there. Info and parts out there is not easy for KFM owners to come by (sound familiar JPXers?) and I hope that this will become a resource for them to use.

While my new engine is on the way I am making one useful engine out of the three that I have. Two engines have useless crankshafts, and the third is real beat up on the outside so I am swapping out crankshafts right now. Getting new cranks for the 107s is difficult....the supply of parts has run very low and the cranks are just about impossible to find. Just like my two-place thread, I plan to share my engine rebuild and post my progress/photos.

A few more engines and I'll be the KFM version of Tyler...........No, I'm not changing my username to KFMman!

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Here's a picture of the new engine that's being shipped as I type this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 pm

The KFM 107e performance chart
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info