[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - The illusive hole

The illusive hole

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Shannon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm

russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:05 am

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Since this thread is named the illusive hole I thought that I'd share this:

For the long bolt mod I wanted to be able safety wire the nuts onto my AN4-80A bolts. Since the A in 80A means that there is no hole for safety wire/cotter pins I went ahead and bought one of those safe-t-block jigs for drilling your own holes into hardware. At $16 each I was nervous about ruining them, but I went ahead and tried it out.

Man it worked real nice. The only thing is to be sure that you use are high quality drill bit and take your time with drill bit pressure and use some cutting oil. It was definitely worth the $$.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:54 pm

The finished product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:17 am

Dave, where did you find those long bolts?

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 pm

I got mine from Wicks Aircraft. They were the only place at the time that had them.

If you are having a hard time finding them, let me know. I may go ahead and order a bunch through the owner of M-Squared Aircraft. He's the one that I share hangar space with and has offered up his connections in the bussiness if I ever need it.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:08 am

Thanks Dave, I'll give them a try. You are fortunate to have an association which someone as he. Also, thanks for the offer.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Re-Building tips and info