[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - A Word About Velocity Stacks

A Word About Velocity Stacks

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Shannon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:21 pm

It has come to my attention that several high time velocity stacks have been found with cracks in the flange area. It would be a good idea to check your stacks for hairline fatigue cracks in the area shown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:25 pm

Lucky for us George is making OEM type new stacks as replacements ! I highly advise everyone to buy extras while they are available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Should I invest in some of these stacks for my KFMs? I opted to move away from the OVC carbs and was planning to get some adapters for my Mikuni 34mm pumper carbs so that I could mount some K&N air filters, but perhaps velocity stacks are the better way to go.

It seems to me that I would then be able to prime my fuel lines the same way as 185s and do away with my primer bulbs or some other elaborate fuel delivery system.

A cursory looksie at my carbs looks like some stacks should mount up nicely.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:46 am

Give it a try. Who knows you may pick up a couple hundred rpm. I know nothing about KFM's but I'd be careful with tuning so as to stay on the rich side initially.

I've always been told that 185s loose a good bit of power (100-200 rpms ?) with filters. To me unless you are flying from some extremely dusty area any reduction in power is unacceptable.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby gdewsbury » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:08 pm

gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm

lazairiii
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info