AN4-80A Bolts

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I've got 10 of the AN4-80A bolts for the long bolt mod if anyone out there needs them. They cost me $12 ea and I'll pass them on to you for the same price plus the cost of shipping.

When I bought mine I got them through Wicks Aircraft for $16 ea. Send me an e-mail if you are interested. uscgairdale@yahoo.com

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:11 am

FYI.....The first ten are sold. If there is more interest out there I will order more.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:47 am

Did I make it in the first ten?

Are the bolts drilled on ends for safety wire?
I can get a shop to do it in any regard.

drh
C-IIII< "A-20" Series III (now)
CYEL
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:04 am

Sorry Daver, no. I wait about two weeks or so and get more once I know how many to get. I assume that you want four.

It also sounds like Russell wants some so that makes eight. If anyone else wants them, just let me know. I don't mind doing a bit of work to help you guys out. Lord knows that I've received a lot of help on this site myself.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah Dave, I want four of them, but if it means that you are going to have to order them then there's really no need to put you to the trouble. I know that you will do anything you can do to help out fellow Lazair owners, but I can get off my lazy butt and order them myself. You said you got them from Wick's. I went to their web site and they did not have AN4-80A bolts in their listings. I read your post about the 10 you had so I didn't call them to check the availablilty of 80's. There listing only went to about 60. Did they get the 80's special for you?

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:24 pm

No, I did not have them special ordered. Wicks used to have them listed on-line and in their catalog. I certainly don't mind getting more to help out the Lazair cause.

My source for getting them is through the president of my EAA chapter here in Alabama. He is the owner of M-Squared aircraft and is willing to sell me anything at his cost. I honestly thought that his price for the AN4-80A bolts would be around $10 or so, but I guess not. Even if he is making a dollar or two off of me/us I don't mind since $12 is better than the $16 that I paid. Saving $16 toward the long bolt mod is definitely worth it.

If anyone out there wants them drilled out I could do that too.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 am

TX Dave,

I did not read the time stamp on the list and
assumed I was early in the line...
I do not want to put you to extra effort either.

There is no rush for me as I won't be doing the modification, before
late summer or winter, unless I happen to add more torque.

Daver

PS Just getting used to using this forum.
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Daver,

No problem. If you still want them just let me know. I plan to get more in a few weeks. It's no big deal to help out. Russell just checked with Aircraft Spruce and apparently they can special order them, but they'll require a minimum quantity. Exactly what that is I don't know.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:35 pm

Yes Dave,

Please go ahead when you have enough people.

Cheers,

Daver
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale