[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair II

Lazair II

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby huronflyer » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:14 pm

huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Thu May 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Almost, I'm in Mobile, Alabama which is just about 1/2 hour drive from the Florida state line.

My Lazair 2 is now 100 percent ready to go now. All that I need is to get the local DAR (designated airworthiness representative) to inspect it and I am ready to begin some flight testing. I have spent the last few mornings out at the airfield dialing in my carbs and doing some high power runs with the plane tied down. Man, 50 HP is no joke on a Lazair!

I am drooling at the chance to take her up into the air, but at the same time I'm going to try and restrain myself to wait for some prime conditions. Any thoughts, concerns, or tidbits to pass on to me before I take up a two-place. I have a 100+ hours in a series III so I'm using that as my baseline for getting started.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 am

fly 40mph. climb, cruise, approach. fly fast, thats all i can say. from my 10 hours in a single seat series III and 10 hours in a 2-seater. watch for the pitch up tendency on flare with engines at idle - be ready to counteract with burst of throttle. keep an eye on the fuel lines for bubbles.

other than that, take a video and post it as soon as possible - good luck dave!

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Bill » Sat May 03, 2008 9:40 am

Dave... just checking in on you and my plane. It looks great...

Flying...

very slow roll rate...

very very slow roll rate at idle or dead stick..

flys good with power... needs power/speed for controls to do their thing.

power off... I would keep it flying faster than you even think is cruise... the tail is not really big enough along with the v tail... to give good control slow... and the v tail is not a good rudder at slow speed and or when large pitch inputs are needed.

Same idea with pitch... you will not be able to pitch the nose down easily when you have full rudder input... so if you need to gain speed pronto, then get the rudder to neutral.

lastly... if you lose an engine or whatever at less than 1000 feet... say 500 feet.. you need to get your speed up right away... and if dead stick... do not attempt to turn more than a few degrees... a 180 would be pushing it.

altitude is your friend... twice as much needed compared to single seaters. Treat the two seater more like a Cessna... I happily flew single seaters inches from the ground... 20 feet up... 100 feet... of most anything... The two seater... no... fly it from long runways... aborts can be straight to runway... or altutude will be good by the time you need to turn back...

other than the above... she flys nice... lots of fun being slower and in an open cockpit compared to closed into a 172 at 3000'

Bill
Bill
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm

uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:44 pm

lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:55 am

russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:55 am

russell
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:59 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:29 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge