B034 Test Flight

Add your Movies of LAZAIRS here !!

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Here's a link to my first test flight with B034.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ozMUz72ms

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi uscgairdale,
Nice vid! Plane is flying well. Engines sound good! I can see you are really enjoying yourself.
I should have mine up in the air soon. Daffy :D
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:32 am

What is the make/model of your camcorder. A lot of guys have had trouble with vibration when trying to make a video. Yours looks great. Maybe a pic or two of your mount would help someone else.

I'm a bit amazed at the video of your first test flight. I know very few (besides myself) who would dare a zoom climb or low level pass on a first flight. I can really see the power of those KFM's.

P.S. Doesn't it feel good to look out at those wings and know all is well internally ! You have also got to get some footage shot "on-ground" just to show off a bit.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:13 pm

Thanks for all the nice words, guys. I have never been more comfortable in any flying machine than in a Lazair. My biggest concern was the difference with a two seater, but that quickly melted away. So far the biggest change is the airspeeds at which it flys. I have seldom ever gone over 45 in a series III so flying at that all of the time is a bit wierd.

As for my camera mount I can take some pictures and share with you all exactly what I've been using. It's nothing pretty, but it has been an intersting evolution over the years.

Shannon, you are right about feeling good about my wings. I would never restore another without opening up d-cells. What I found in there was downright scary, but now I feel great about them.

Gotta love it when that little voice inside your head tells you that you did it right.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair movies