[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Airventure

Airventure

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby ozzie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi all

i made it to Airventure
WOW
And i do mean WOW

Long flight over but it has been well worth it. i have not stopped moving since arriving it will take the whole week to see everything. makes the airshow scene back home look sad.
I flew in the B17g this morning and that would have to be one of the most moving experiences i have ever had. makes you really think about those 19yr olds who had to go to combat in them. Great experience. i have been to the ultralight area but no Lazairs. I did meet a chap by the name of Ray who has a series three for sale. he had never heard of Lazair .com so we will probably have him on line after the show.

The afternoon airshow is about to start so i'm of to the flight line that has no fences!!!. still time for you guys to jump in your car and come for a day or so.

all the best
Ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm

Ray still has his series lll for sale ?? :rolleyes:
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:57 pm

IF it is the same RAY then yes. he said that this one is fabric covered. when i head back over to the ultralight area i will copy his phone number and post it here. unfortunatly it will not fit in my backpack otherwise i would buy it and take it home. :D i spoke to chappy on the phone this morning. I am already planning for airventure 2010.

blue skies
ozzie
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Hey Ozzie,

Glad you are enjoying!!!
I don't like BIG crowds but maybe I can make it in 2010.

Taking my Lazair apart tomorrow to take it to the Big Bay flyin - where there may be
20+ Lazairs and Dale Kramer.

Too bad you cannot hitch a ride with dudes travelling back from Oshcosh via Big Bay on Sunday...and take Quantas out of Toronto! Next time.

drh
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 am

If there are 20 Lazairs there (or only 5) will someone take some good pics (far away and close for some detail) and post them. I'm not talking about posting 10 months after the deal is over either ? Anyone with a vid camera could think about making a nice video for posting on You tube.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby ozzie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:07 am

Hi All'
gee really wish i could make that flyin. but i have already started planning for 2010.

last night here at airventure we had the international visitors BBQ. i met up with some wonderful Canadians from the thunderbay area. all float plane people drank lots of beer and listened to their amazing adventures. fantastic people and what a great country you have, wish we could steal a few of your fresh water lakes to take home to sort the drought out. really looking forward to visiting canada.

I have to keep moving still much to see and only 2 days left

Ozzie
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey Steve next time maybe we can kidnap you back east a few hours so you can fly
Lazair with us at Big Bay ;)
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Shannon I will try and get some pix and video up tomorrow - I am still tired from the trip. Just as we arrived at Big Bay my trailer frame began to bend/fracture at the
spot where the "A" frame attaches to the trailer its self - this guy turned greenish white...
Some great people at Home Depot located an OLD wonderful farmer, who had steel and welded up a whole new front on Saturday - it was a 5 PM Friday on a Holiday weekend, no steel or fabrication shops until Tuesday. I worked on taking off the old and fabricating the new along with lots of grinding. When we arrived back at the field, Dale Kramer and the lads were heading out over the cliffs and Georgian Bay (Lake Huron).
I did get a couple of flights in morning.

Dave
CYEL
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby huronflyer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Brief Report Big Bay:

Big Bay for me was the highlight of my Lazair saga to date, not to detract from other events that go on in other venues nor the wonderful people and flights in the past in Ottawa or South River - they were all special in their own way.

For me to go to Big Bay presented an opportunity to acquire positive review on my plane, I almost did not go because I am embarrassed with its decline in condition (for one the hanger is a beeping birds nest); the plane had been in its box for about a year until a few weeks ago, due to house contruction, WX and life. So both of us are trying to shake off doo doo and enjoy each others company in harmony. Besides rust busting I need to do some more strenuous air work; that being said I was uptight over C-IIII and her rate of climb, my flights at CYEL and first two at Big Bay had me clawing for 300'. Maybe I was squeezing the hockey stick too much, in any case Pete Bonell a very experienced Lazair guy from North Bay came down and he tweaked some extra RPMs out of the engines, which seemed to overcome the climb situation ( I guess I still want to climb like my 582 days).

It was exciting and humbling to have Dale Kramer tell me that C-IIII (A-20) was at the "Paris Air Show". I commented that someone had painted her to look like the ads in Ultraflight brochures - NOT - Dale: "I painted her!"
Dave: "OH. maybe I will not change the covering before necessary." She is looking a little tardy on the tail so I was embarrassed to have him sign her aka the other Lazairs. He and a couple of other guys said my tedlar is still OK.

What a thrill to see a dozen or so Lazairs and to see some stimulating flying; maybe next year I can be up to speed to join the sorties out over the lake. Maybe my friend with "C-IDOG" got a pix from the air of Big Bay.

There were some power parachutes and trikes and I wish I had had more time to visit with those guys, they gave the "bruise brothers" (my tech support and I) some grub; "Geez you two lads don't camp much, eh!"
The aerospace guy was really impressed with Dale Kramer and a few of the other lads; however he is not ready to give up his V-Star for a Lazair ( I think its my fault).

Charlie Landry had his quad engine "Snoopy/bird/dog/something" flying, what a nice machine, especially since he made it from scratch. His trailer is a rolling RV when the plane rolls out. AND best yet he puts the wings in with engines on to boot - in a matter of minutes. Drool.

Again thanks to Pete Bonell Lazair/Toucan (FI) and John Nagy Lazair/GA FI for their positive impute.
John I had a fair to Midland landing Sunday night, throttles at the stops - grin.

Many many thanks to all the people I failed to mention...and to the resident silent readers (smile).

Dave H.

CYEL, C-IIII
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby lazair3ca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:28 am

Bill
C-IHMS
lazair3ca
Popular Lazair Member

Next

Return to Pilots Lounge