I just got a Laziar and have a TON of questions!

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby ozzie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Ditto as with Russell, i have a series one, there is only one series 3 that i know of here in Australia. so others more closer to you qualified to comment.
I suppose you got it at those bargain prices i keep seeing.? One thing i know for sure is that you will eventually receive the answers to your questions by a bunch of dedicated lazair ownes. I would never had been able to rebuild mine without their help.

regards
Ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Hey Newbie, there is one thing I can interject here that is universal to all Lazairs. Don't fly on windy days! If you must, make sure you have pleeeeenty of room! I can send pictures supporting that advice.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:41 am

Shannon @ Dec 3 2008, 09:36 AM wrote: Hi Newbie (what's your name ?),

Sorry to see that you are not getting any response. The site has recently become a bit of a "revolving door" where new people pop in and ask a few questions and then disappear.

Good example of what I was saying. 20 days later and no follow-up. Almost borders on disrespect in my opinion to ask for help and then disappear.

Maybe it's just not understood that without this site (and a few others) there would be virtually NO quality (and FREE) Lazair information available on the web.

Maybe it's just not understood that this forum is frequented by people with DECADES of Lazair experience rather than a collection of assorted dreamer clowns.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Shannon,

Some of us out here sure are greatful for the great advise and info!

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Hey I'm really greatful too. I realize that if it were not for the site there would be little out there for the new guy or anyone else for that matter. Years ago there was virtually nothing on the internet about Lazairs. You couldn't even find 1/2 dozen decent pictures of a Lazair.

Things have come a long way since then and people are really fortunate to have a site with good information, pictures, and knowledgeable-helpful members. Pisses me off when people don't appreciate what they have. Comes too easy I guess. Maybe if being a member of this forum cost $50 year there would be more respect. That's not going to happen I'm just making a point.

In any case I'm not looking for constant recognition for info and help I've ever provided. It's just a matter that after posting 848 times I feel that I can voice my opinion loud and clear.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby JPXman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:28 am

shannon - are there any lazairheads in your neck of the woods? maybe you're suffering from lazair lonliness - maybe tell us a little about a recent flight or rebuild hurdle? i'd love to hear about it.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 am

I would have to agree with Shannon. We are all very fortunate to have this site to be able to discuss the plane we all enjoy so much.

As long as there are flying Lazair's around, they will be bought and sold, and folks that need our help that are new to the plane can have a valuable tool in this resourse as long as we all participate and keep it going. Now I realize that winter is a bit slower on the forum, but I also know that like me, several of you are taking advantage of the time to upgrade, tune-up, repair or do some form of maintenance to your planes. Post all you can that is viable and informative for all to read and discuss.

Personally I've been doing maintenance on my tail wheels, redone and rerouted my brake cable assemblies (working MUCH better now), permanently mounted my antenna, and extended my pull starter cables. I still have a short list of things I will get done prior to spring, such as build my own version of a new rear gap cover that a fellow Lazair owner showed me that I really like a lot and then attach the "snaps' to it to hold it into place better. I will be performing a complete 100% inspection of every inch of the plane, head to toe to ensure rivets are in place and not working loose. Bolt inspections, inspections for cracks anywhere. Complete Tedlar and tape inspection. And I plan to break out the aluminum polish last thing before going back to the airport for the summer.

I think many a newbe to the forum isn't as savy as others when it comes to searching for a topics, so when a question comes up, let's do what we can to fill them in. I think what Shannon is talking about is when a question is asked, a reply is given (often time in great detail), then time goes by and not even a "hey, thanks for the info" is ever posted. Then yet another question pops up and often times that question may go unanswered for obvious reasons. That's really too bad as others may benefit from a discussion that simply never occurs.

Ok, so I got a bit off topic, SO newbie, post away and lets see pics of the plane, and especially in the area of the plane as you post a topic you need help with. I'm here in Utah, and two more Lazairs just moved 4 hours south of me and I plane to venture down and take a look to see what I can do to help when our schedules permit hooking up for a tour-de-Lazair. That will make 5 in state that I know of!!
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:57 am

Pretty much "I am Legend" thing going on around this neck of the woods.

Lately various people have really been getting under my skin with the way they operate. Just recently I was emailed a plea for help and promptly answered the request for info. After that NOTHING back for a solid month. I mean how long does it take to send off a one line email saying "OK, got it, Thanks" ! No big deal really as that is just one less email address in my book and others are next. Actually this type of thing has been going on repeatedly for YEARS and I'm totally fed up with it. I'm starting to understand why those with the most Lazair experience are absent.

In any case I hope people follow up on THEIR requests for help. It takes a lot of time and effort to understand someones problem, explain a possible solution in detail, and recall specific info/contact data. As George mentioned try to remember at a minimum to say thanks.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby JPXman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:08 pm

well watch out for the zombies then shannon!

i too am in the middle of other crap at the moment and so no lazair stories to share. i am building my lazair factory right now, might get done by the end of january. its hard to psyche yourself up to go and work outside in 30 below C but it has to get done! once the shop is done it will be hard to figure out what lazair project to tackle first, but i think it will be to repair my series III that i bent so many years ago now!

merry christmas all

Tyler
Edmonton
"closer to the north pole than everyone exept daffy" (he lives on the north side of the highway, myself on the south :)
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:45 pm

70 degrees and raining all day on Christmas Eve day. Ho Ho Ho....where's the snow snow snow! It's hard to get into the holiday spirit when your wearing shorts.

I hope that everyone is having a safe and memorable Christmahanakwanzika.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General