[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - engines 28/lb-25hp

engines 28/lb-25hp

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Hey guys,

Great post and encouragement. I got in the plane at 175 lbs. and the engines were at full throttle, that is not the same as full power. So yes there were a lot of variables, in the equation.

But the damages minimal, the rotax engines are sitting on the bench and I am fairly sure this plane will fly. Though this last experience makes me want to knock on wood any time I say that.

But for right now I have to work on the bus.

I started out with plans to build Alex Strojnik`s S2a.

This thread has great pictures of the engine mounts that I would want for the rotax and I suppose that's plan a for now.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm

keeping interest high in the lazair - is keeping all our projects promising
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:06 pm

looking at the damage-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:44 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:35 am

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Interesting reading Chappy,

Recently have been finding permanent magnet motors similar to the ones used in the Segway, on eBay in the $200 -$300 area. My plane, since I'm going to have it torn down anyway, should have the rudder upgrades and put the control stick back on the floor. Seems like a long way off right now but I am getting in lots of good work on the bus.

Here are some pictures of my collection early lazair power and props and two mufflers.

Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse, I will probably put them on eBay the end of the week.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:43 pm

The Pioneers
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:07 pm

From the looks of things, it appears that the props took a prop strike in the dirt. If in fact this happened, this is a red flag in terms of crank shaft integrity and longivity now. If the prop stops or is restricted in it's rotational movement with powered torque on it, the crank will want to twist. Personally, I believe these motors will need to be gone through...or should be anyway prior to leaving the surely bond of earth again.

Were these props on the 185's or the Pioneers? From the pic way up the page, it looks like you had the Pioneers on the ship at the time, but you have the props in the same pic as the 185's, so whatever engines suffered the prop strike should be torn down and gone through

Just my opinion,
George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 am

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General