engines 28/lb-25hp

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 pm

And the other hit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:23 pm

The other propellers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 pm

All the two cycle Pioneer oil will go with the engines also
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0306488431

engines and props for sale on ebay

I just pulled the spark plugs from the rotax engines, one engine turns freely as it should, the other engine turns but it's not smooth like it should be. These engines are being sold as is. The Pioneers were running when the plane went over on its nose. The Pioneers need cleaned up but the props themselves show that there was no prop strike but they did dig up a little dirt. All five propellers look serviceable to me. I guesstimate the shipping weight to be approximately 70 to 75 lbs.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm

If there's dirt on the props that were mounted on the Pioneer's when the plane went on it's nose, then that indicates to me there was a prop strike. You would be hard pressed to stop the props from hitting earth if it goes on the nose.

No harm intended here I assure you.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 pm

There is no damage to the props and those little plastic props would have been destroyed if they'd even hit the smallest rock. I am not missing your point though, it is the crank shaft that needs inspected.

I should add that the soil at Tucker flats is the consistency of coarse talcum powder.

This is the first time that I've taken anytime with the rotax engines and was indeed disappointed to see that once the spark plug was removed one of the engines does not rotate freely. I would have of course torn both of them down completely if I were going to use them.

All four engines and the props will be on their way to their new home by Monday of next week.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon May 25, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm coming down to my last days and weeks here in Winslow before a move to the Oklahoma City area for a year. Of course I gotta take my lazair project with me, so here's some pictures of the project.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon May 25, 2009 5:48 pm

With the car
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon May 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Hanging the wings is next.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sat May 30, 2009 7:59 pm

got the templets made and set
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General