PIC UPLOAD for LEE

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby lazairiii » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Great point Shannon. I'd suspect however that there's more lurking than we know. Too bad really as we can all contribute something here that is of help to someone.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:45 am

Oh well ? I just don't get it ? Yeah whatever blows you...Haa Haa ! Enjoy Lurkers (AKA "Commie Bastards") but be warned, your time here may be limited !

Anyway just imagine how much history and info would NOT be known about Lazairs if it were not for this site (and a few others) and a few key people. For example quite a few guys would not have known about Lazairs (and parts, and engines, and covering, ect.) they purchased if it were not for this site (and a few others).

For those who missed it we have a new "contributor" among us. Eric Hill sent in Lazair EC material. I had never seen this info.

Thanks Eric !

http://www.lazair.com/files.htm
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:58 am

Shannon, don't be too hard on the "lurkers" 'cause most are probably like myself, a student who has a limited knowledge and experience of the Lazair and not much if any history with the plane. Besides, what could anyone have to add to what you, over the past years, have already shared. I have noticed that there is no member that has more knowledge and backgruond with the Lazair than yourself, which is fortunate to lots of us.
As for what I can contribute.....I can instruct someone on the tried and true absolute best method of crashing one!
Seriously, thanks for not being stingy with your knowledge.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Russell,

I don't think Shannon is being too hard on some of the lurkers. It's the guys that don't bother even acknowledging the help they've received that I have issues with. What we see happening is a question asked, and answer or two given, then not so much as a reply back. That folks is absolutely annoying and rude in my book. This forum is full of great information with very talented folks more than willing to help for sure, but at some point that help can dry up too. I've had the discussion with my teen about using the words "thank you" for anything and everything.

Nuf said,
George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Know what you mean. Way back in the 40's my mama instilled in me "yes sir", no sir" and "thank you" along with "not now, the grown-ups are talking".
This brings up a wonderment for me. There are many, many members of this forum in the members list. Does any one know just how many are still around?
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey I don't want you guys to think I'm really pissed about anything. It's hard to convey your "actual tone" with words on a screen. I just hope people will use the site because it's practically all that there is for Lazairs. Those that don't use the site are surely just common arrogant jerks ! No matter really as what they think and do count for nothing. If you don't stand up and be counted you don't exist !

It doesn't matter to me really if guys agree with what is said here on opinions offered and/or the methods-materials used to keep Lazairs flying. In fact I'd like to see more point counter-point discussions. I'd hate to think guys have different methods-ideas and don't present them for fear of rejection or ridicule. The only thing I personally completely reject are people with wild ideas on modification of the planes. This is especially true when the person(s) with the ideas don't have any actual hands on building experience with Lazairs. I also have it in for the guys who waste our time asking questions when they have no real intention of doing anything. Seems to be pretty much the same guys who can't say thanks and often disappear after a bit. To those guys I say don't come back for round two a year from now.

Russell yes I have a lot of experience with Lazairs. I wasn't too much older than Dave's boys when I was first around Lazairs and was already accustomed to flying years before that. I may even hold the distinction of being the first second passenger in a Lazair (early Series II on floats) during a short hop with Peter. Talk about exciting for a kid 11 years old ! Since that time I've been a continuous non-stop 100% Lazair fan. Seems very different from the folks who can't concentrate on anything more than brief little while. Despite my background I have learned tons from various people on the Lazair sites. As for crashing that can happen to anyone and is nothing to be embarassed about. Heck I watched my Dad crash on his second flight (engine failure). Lots of cussing initially but you have to pick up the pieces and carry on.

As for the membership I'm going to see if there is any way to get a handle on the fake spam members that have infiltrated the members list. It's entirely possible that the site goes to a "members only" theme to combat the fake members attempting to join up.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Shannon, it would be very interesting to know just how many members watch this forum on a regular basis. How 'bout a roll call?, nah, that would probably overwhem the site!
russell
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm pretty much addicted to this site. I check it almost every day.

Dave A.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby mochamon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Same here Dave,

I am usually here every other day, even at work using my phone, just to see what's going on. As for all the help I have been given here, I do greatly appreciate it. I also have the privalige (sp) of flying with a group of wonderful pilots. Always knowledgable and helpful. Couldn't ask for a greater plane/group/forum to spend your time.

Cheers,

Lee
mochamon
Lazair.com Member

Postby barrystrs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:00 pm

I have been on this site for several years, I only check in every week or 2 so most questions have already been answered. I have offered suggestions a few times and have received advice several times. I greatly appreciate the help,expecially the people keeping this site going, but I don't want to plug everyones mailbox's with thank you's and comments like great picture. Some of us are still on dial-up. Barry
barrystrs
Lazair.com Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge