Is this a Series III or Surveillance Special?

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Don » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Craig,
George and Shannon are right and also the next closest people to Dale Kramer with Lazair knowledge. George is and excelent fabricator, with parts better than original. Here's a handy little punch I made when I opened my D-cells. You still have to drill the head off the rivet but that's it. I used a pair of cheap pliers drilled a 7/64 hole in 1 jaw, cut the shank of the bit off and epoxied it in the hole. Then welded a short length of 1/8 inch pipe on the other jaw for an anvil and away you go. It took me less than an hour to remove all the rivets. Your in for a frustrating and rewarding experience!
Good Luck,
Don A774
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don
Popular Lazair Member

Postby sustainflight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Very helpful suggestions and pictures. Looks like some questionable engineering in the parts I have.

Did I see split flaps in the pictures of the yellow modified Lazair?

Craig
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby sustainflight » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:07 pm

After a couple months of not working on this and noting that I barely have a couple hours a week to fly, I passed this project onto someone who has the time and skills to complete it.

Jim is an A&P and fellow EAA member in Oklahoma. If you all extend the warm welcome and high level of help you extended me, he'll get it flying!

Craig
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Previous

Return to Re-Building tips and info