Electronic Ignition

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Shannon » Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 am

Glen according to the information I just received you can still get the rings (both standard and oversize) seperate from the pistons. I would suggest calling another location.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 pm

gdewsbury @ May 1 2009, 01:14 PM wrote: I called Bob Robertson a week or 2 ago. He has some parts left but indicated that he was not going to continue supplying parts once stock is gone. He indicated that because of a lack of business for the 185s he had to let go the man that was doing the rebuilds.

Is there any one else in Canada to get parts from?
I need one lower piston ring and Wildfire will not sell with out complete piston.

Boy that's too bad ! You really take your chances if you bring these motors to a two-cycle shop where the mechanics are unfamiliar with the engines. Back in the 80's here a couple of motor-bike shops really caused some guys pain. They simply didn't understand the engines and refused to learn what to do even with factory information staring them in the face. Bottom line is you don't monkey around with these engines.

I would encourage everyone to be as self-reliant as humanly possible with their engines.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby gdewsbury » Thu May 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Found the parts needed without buying the world.
Wajax, Northern Ontario offices still provide parts.
I'm even going to install a new cylinder sleeve for a quarter of the price of a complete cylinder assembly.
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby peter » Thu May 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Glen.......Good going on the engine parts...Is there a phone#, or online address to get in touch with these guys?...I need gasket sets to start with.
Had iggi up 5 or 6 times in the last few days....running on electronic, runs great....needs a tad forward stick at 5000, halls reads around 35...who cares...seldom look at it anyway.....check it out on utube everhill69.....Great to be back in the air again......Pete
peter
Popular Lazair Member

Postby gdewsbury » Fri May 08, 2009 8:53 pm

Nice to hear you've got your bird in the air Pete. I've forwarded the contact info with a copy of the manual to your email address. The manual is Wildfire but with a 3 page part list tacked on the back showing a better break down. I make the engine gaskets myself except for the head gasket. Not hard to do. Lorne Blunt in Toronto has carb gaskets if you want to get in touch with him.
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby peter » Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm

thanks Glen...appreciate that....Pete
peter
Popular Lazair Member

Previous

Return to Re-Building tips and info