Any Lazairs in/near Oklahoma?

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby sustainflight » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:59 pm

I just bought a Series III in need of restoration. Will start working on it next week. I very much appreciate this site being in place for archived and live information.

Are there any Lazairs or folks who've flown Lazairs near Oklahoma City? As I put it together, I'd pay in pizza and high priced coffee to check that they way I've put my new Lazair together is proper and similar to yours.

My partners and I fly a 160-kt Mooney 201 out of KPWA, so we will have a more complete spectrum of flight speeds when the Lazair is operational...

--
Craig
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby huronflyer » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Craig,

Welcome to the world of Lazair!
truly fun machines.

Dave
CYEL
C-IIII (Lazair), C-IHMB
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:40 pm

Craig,

Welcome aboard. It would be nice if you had someone else close by to check your work, but if you upload pics along the way you will be suprised at the help you will recieve. Often times I would post a pic of something specific and one of "the guys" would offer up advise on something in the background of the photo.

We're all here to help so keep us in mind....

Dave
B034
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:50 am

yes we all love pictures! there is no end to my criticality

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby 89 CHARLIE » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:51 am

My partners and I fly out of Highland, IL H07 (home of Wicks Aircraft Supply). We recently restored a Lazair III using 1.7 Dacron/Stewart Cement/Exterior House Paint (cheap but with very good results) and flew it last summer. If you want, you can fly your Mooney over and we will be glad to show you our Lazair and how it was restored. Glad to answer any questions you may have.
89 CHARLIE
Lazair.com Member

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Where is KWPA
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 pm

KPWA is Wiley Post Airport on the west edge of Oklahoma City. It's a towered airport with a crosswind runway.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/kpwa
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:15 am

Hi Craig

Hope to see your project soon. I started out my flight training at the airport Norman at the time I think it was called Westheimer field. The logical place www.airnav.com/airport/KGOK for me to set up now is the Guthrie Edmond regional airport in Guthrie. Though I have not actually been to the Guthrie Airport in probably 40 years. I hope to check it out soon. It's going to be hard to follow that 12,000 ft. shop at Winslow Arizona but then a lazair does not need that much room.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:36 pm

I gave my project to Jim in Harrah OK; the project was way bigger than my skills and time would permit.

I bought Dave's flying 2-seater. Small problem with a flat tire and pulling steel bearings off a slightly deformed steel axle due to thru-bolts, but that should be resolved soon.

Last I looked, there was a pretty long waiting list for hangar space at Guthrie. Sublet hangar space is more readily available at HSD.
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Hey Craig

How can i contact Jim in Harrah
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Lazair - General