back in the air

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am

Interesting how often when a plane gets damaged guys will quickly move on to something else. They can spend many hours adding personal touches-changes-refinements-modifications to a plane but can't handle any rebuilding whatsoever once any significant damage occurs. "It's ruined", hands up and that's that !

Too bad on Robs hangar collapse. Had he asked I could have outlined a strong and fairly cheap design that surely could take a great snow load. Building a hangar from flimsy "antenna tower" sections and tarps in snow country even sounds like a bad idea...Haa Haa ! Like I know anything about snow huh ? On a related note as I understand it snow also killed or mamed a rebuilt 2-seater last year. Man that's just unacceptable.

Anyway....as well as the fairing idea Rob also converted some metal wheelbarrow rims for Lazair usage as well as developed a brake system to go with them. He also developed a nifty little nosewheel design for Series III's. I was never able to get any detailed info-pics on construction so it could be duplicated by anyone interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 am

Rob's nosewheel. Pretty cool. Pic from the Yahoo group files.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lazair/ph ... 20&dir=asc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 pm

The only other thing you could do to keep wind off your butt is to mate your wings to a fuselage something like this.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby gdewsbury » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 am

That looks familiar. I saw a Kitten with Lazair wings a few years ago. Where is this one from?
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:18 am

that is a yarrow arrow. the fuse was designed specifically to accept a pair of upgraded lazair wings. i have the article kicking around somewhere. it is a nice looking machine!

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 am

Plane is up in BC somewhere. TC search reveals that few were built and few are still around. http://lazair.com/forum/index.php?showt ... &hl=yarrow
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:52 am

C-IMIA has been around a long time. Here it is in the Yarrow Arrow sales literature.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Ahh yes, here's Rob's collapsed Hangar !
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:40 am

I remember when that happened. There are other photo's of the damage done to plane itself. Do you have those Shannon?
russell
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Pilots Lounge