[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - MK111 Instruments

MK111 Instruments

Post what you are looking for

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 am

Hello Lazairianes,
I am looking the original set of instruments with pod for the Mk111 must be complete and working.

If not available ===
will consider 2 rpm units like VDO or vintage type round Rev counters suitable for the Rotax 185. and EGT or CHT units similar to or VDO, vintage with sender units, must be matching sets,
I like the WW11 'style' of instruments. reply here or email me directly
Thankyou Wayne.

wbailey@y7mail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Wayne,

do youself a favour

call Bob Robertson 1-866-418-4164

order 2 tiny tachs. THey are the most accurate out there

the analog just plain suck for accuracy.

Personally I have no use for a tack on a Rotax 185 or any guages.

only an ASI if that.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:20 am

Thats all good and well but I prefer to see whats going on with my motors and tune it properly, how do know if your motor is running at its best or if they are equal in RPM? one might be down 200rpm what do you do then?
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Wayne i have a pair of tiny taks and they are great very accurate and available from melbourne. if i were to add anyother engine instrument they would be a pair of EGT gauges. the taks also have hour meter built in.
Ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:11 am

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Don » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Don
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks guys the tiny tachs are looking the part at this time.
the CHT is a washer with a wire that sits under the sparkplug that I was considering first seeing how the EGT is not big on 185s, I live at 1550 Amsl and the tune makes all the diffence on a given day,
so considering that my experiece with 2 strokes is limited.
I do know that some instruments will make a big difference for me at this altitude,
I have known of guys who have a dial and tune as they go although they will at some stage forget to detune on the way back down and bang !
If you not bothered by motors and rebuilds then its not a problem but I tend to respect my toys and treat them as best I can.
wayne
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Wayne,

I'm at 4900asl (at the airstrip) and I tune on the ground and go fly. I've been up to 12,000ft asl and no additional tuning required. these 185's are truely a friendly engine to use...if you know how to do some things properly. Learn them right and you'll be fine. Don't do them right and you're asking for it I suppose.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks george,
I have just gotten back from the inlaws and will need a few days rest after a bad shrimp salad ha, ha, not. its been heat wave weather at 36c +(96F) everyday for over 7 weeks with 1 thunder storm that dumped 3 inchs of rain. and now 44 c (111 F) for the past week and half so I will stay in the house for while and search out some tiny tachs, so far the ebay sites that i have won have refunded the cost as 'they don't ship to Australia'

wayne
Wayne
LazairNUT

Return to Wanted to buy