[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - MK111 found in Australia

MK111 found in Australia

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Wayne » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks George,
I would like to get the finish tape, the double sided tape and some foam tape if at all possible. Are there a few alloy brackets that strenghten the root rib8 and r3 ? I would like to source those parts and the nose cone backing plates if possible and a few hundred avax rivets as a back up.

( I found no. 30 'rivet' drill bits double ended at $ 6.50 per pair ,thats $1.60 per drill or $33.00{35.00 US $} per 10pk thats 20 drill tips on 10 sharfts)

also the pic attached there is a roll of tedlar tape but it was sourced from green house builders supply, I am not sure of the brand do you recognise the writing/roll ? I will not use this as I can't be sure of its origin.

manythanks wayne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Wayne,

I'm like you, in that since you can't identify the actual Tedlar spec, it's not something I'd do, but then again, there are guys who will put simple box tape on their plane (not something I'd ever even consider let alone ever do).

I can get you the foam and DBL sided tapes. I just need to get into the office tomorrow and get the info together.

Lets get together off line for the reinforcement parts you need.

George
george@aspenpress.com
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:43 am

Goerge, The Tedlar tape that I got from you is definatley different to the tape that I have, the guy tells me he got the other roll from a 'Green house manufacture' and the they are chalk and cheese the diffence between the two,
tedlar is tensile and does not stretch ,the greenhouse stuff is strechy or similar to regular plastic in that you can indent it with your thumb and it stay like that. I would not have been happy if I had of used the green house stuff and then had to pull it all off and start again, B)
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:32 pm

lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks Tyler and George,
I had thought about using Acertone as a cleaning agent and i had read some guys stating they use scourer pads to clean the Dcell where the tape is adhered to ?

In my D-cells the glue is perpendicular to the D-cell and is 'srcacthed' where the glue touches the inside skin to allow a better adhesion ?

Also I am not happy with the 'Ends' of one the aileron I have had to file a lot of material off the cap in order to get them to fit and one is a little deformed after a little persuasion, is there new or better tube ends available I was thinking of getting some made that are a little longer than the original ?

wayne
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:17 am

don't use acetone as the last thing you use before applying any tape. acetone is oil based and leaves a residue the tape can't stick to. you need to use an alcohol based product, and just wipe it over areas you are applying tape to. if you get a nice black dirt on your rag as you wipe you're doing right because that is the aluminum oxide you're taking off.

i use camping fuel, or naptha.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Wayne,

Explain a little more about this. I'm not clear exactly where you are talking about.

George

Also I am not happy with the 'Ends' of one the aileron I have had to file a lot of material off the cap in order to get them to fit and one is a little deformed after a little persuasion, is there new or better tube ends available I was thinking of getting some made that are a little longer than the original ?
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Gidday George,
The P4 plug that goes into the end of T5 aileron tube and connects the F2-3, the P4 was such a job to fit that the material left is thinner than I'd like and after a mallet was employed to final fit, the F4 sprang out of the T5 and is deformed I have fitted and riveted it in but after reading "Wings" (thanks Shannon) I think I should replace it with a new P4. I would feel much better if this was done.

Wayne
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:38 am

Post a pic (or several) so we can see please.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General