[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - 30 years of Lazair

30 years of Lazair

Post any Ultralight , Aviation related events here

Postby gdewsbury » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 am

Be patient, they will come. I did not take any myself but lots of other people did. There will be some from Rich Issac a professional photographer that took over 2000 pictures and possibly some video of Dale's talk. The video will take some time since it was done on VHS and will need translating.

Wish everyone could have been there.

Glen
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 am

Still waiting for the good stuff. Didn't take many pics myself.
Here is Peter Harrison, Ed Lubitz and Lynn Haugo.
The Silver Dart replica has been in the air for short hops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 am

I have some forum video with Dale but unable to post.
Can any one give some advice on how to get this into a condition suitable.

The video was done on vhs then transfered directly to a dvd. I can view directly from the dvd but can't see the file in my browser nor can it be copied to the hard drive. Would like to get this on my computer and edit to cut back on size. There is 2 to 3 hours on the recording. Only about 40 minutes is the forum with Dale and Bob Chapman. Tried a free dvd ripper but had no idea what it was supposed to be doing or what format to save in since there were about 20 formats available.

The video camera used was a sony. The owner can plug it into his computer with the propriatory 'sony plug' but doesn't have a good editor. He tried with out success with windoz video captue software.

Any suggestions on how to get this off the dvd or a decent vidio capture program to get direct from the camera would be appreciated.

Also spoke to Rich Issac last night regarding photos. He has promised to get some to me soon. Rich got some real nice shots. The attached cover photo is by Rich. We'll see it in colour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 am

check to see if the VHS capture is set up right and the software is loaded properly.
captured footage will possibly be found in the files of the capture program.
I use either cyberlink power producer or ulead video studio 10. all these editing programes work similar. hook up the VHS and cue the footage you want to capture. you don't have to start the capture programe.
start your editing program and click the capture button. the small screen should show your VHS capture automatically. press play on the vhs and click the start capture button. when you have the footage you want ( i recommend small clips as they are easier to handle) click stop capture. this capture should load up into another small window as a clip. from here you can drag them onto the time line and edit the unwanted footage out then add another clip and so on. once you have completed your footage you can select 'produce' or similar and then create either a file for upload or DVD ect. some programes have a youtube function that will make a smaller file that is suitable for uploading. make sure you have a youtube account first. DVD has a large file and higher quality that will be to big to upload. if your programe does not have youtube type function select 160x120 or smaller from the format list. if you have you tube and are online it will upload as soon as it is rendered. if not make the file 160x 120 and save it and upload it to where ever lazair.com for instance.
I had all sorts of problems working this out when i started until i got some experience. suggest you do a few short clip tests until you get it right. working with big clips and messing up can waste hours so start off small several minutes at the most.
hope you are not more confused than before.
Ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:53 am

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby gdewsbury » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 am

gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Still not having any luck getting the video captured in a format usable for posting. If someone has a better handle on this than me I would gladly mail the tape to them. :(
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Here's a beauty shot by Rich Isaac. In the right place at the right time. This photo is Mark Allin from Orono Ontario in his 2 seat Lazair just before sun down at the UPAC convention. Feel free to contact Rich rich@richardsfinephoto.com for large prints. He is still working on other shots taken at the convention.

Cheers
Glen
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Got more pics from Rich Issac today. rich@richardsfinephoto.com
Lynn Haugo getting an early start at the Lazair display.
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Waiting for the fog to lift.
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Events -- Up and coming events