[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Aileron Deflection Check

Aileron Deflection Check

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby Shannon » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:33 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazairiii » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:03 am

I'll post this here for those who may not read it on the forum where I recently posted it.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1]
[COLOR=blue]I also dislike the term slop for this issue, however, it is what it
is I suppose.

As promised, I checked my ailerons for any slop while I had the plane
set-up today finishing up the throttle, wire and fuel line bundles
and the rear gap cover. I discovered one factory new rod end
connected to the right aileron linkage that had a loose ball
that "clicked" when moved and allowed a 1/16th" movement on that side
only. After it was replaced, there was no movement at all. Just as
I suspected (and hoped for), I believe this slop is a matter of
checking for where the problems lie, and then eliminating them.
Primarily loose or worn rod ends, loose rodend plugs, and possibly
bell cranks. Please check these carefully. Check the bolts that
hold the mixer and aileron horn together just for precautiuon. If
you have rod-end plugs "slipping" in and out against the rivets,
these will eventually fail, so get two buddies and have one hold the
ailerons and the other to move the control stick back and forth while
you work your way from one tip to the other checking each and every
connection for any movement in the rod-ends, plugs...any thing
anywhere. I know of one instance of a loose rod end plug on a
friends plane, so check these carefully and replace if worn. If you
have slop, it IS coming from somewhere, so find it and eliminate it.
Now, intentional droop is another story altogether. If you choose
to "droop" your ailerons, fine, it's your choice, I'm primarily
concerned here about "slop" in your controls. You don't want it nor
do you need it.

Please check these and report back what you find so the group can
have an idea what others are finding.

George Curtis
Utah
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:08 am

Aileron Deflection Check from Series 3 assembly manual
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Return to Re-Building tips and info