[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Tedlar & tape sources?

Tedlar & tape sources?

Post what you are looking for

Postby Ray » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:20 pm

Now that Ive acquired a Lazair, I need to recover the wings and tail.

I prefer Tedlar since its light, quick and easy to apply, but where can I find it?

Ive tried every ad and article I have found, and nobody seems to have any.

I dont want to join the other whiners, but is it impossible to get now, or am I looking in the wrong places.

As an alternate, I'd use mylar, but I can't find a spec on what kind and thickness was used, any body know?
Ray

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:14 am

Mylar is fine if you paint it or replace it every 5 years. Rather than go through that I'd just go with lightweight UV protected fabric and be done with covering for 15 years. True fabric adds a little weight but not that much.

Postby lazair » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:23 am

TEDLAR is the best covering for a lazair.
MYLAR 2 mil will do as second choice for weight next to TEDLAR. But you will be recovering again in a few years. Keep in sun outside and change it yearly.

2nd over all is fabric--- gonna add you about 25 lbs once done.

There was a fellow in Ontario Canada that had TEDLAR but it turned out he got 5 inch wide rather than 5 feet. John Nagy was his name . Now maybe he will have a source by now again . I am not sure. He seems to be missing in action lately.

How many Tedlar orders could be filled if one could get TEDLAR ?

Lazair :rolleyes:
lazair
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:31 pm

Guys,

I have sourced the following.

3" wide x 100 ft long Tedlar tape. The biggest problem is that it costs a fortune. They want nearly $210/roll at 20 rolls, and if my math is right, we need about 2 rolls per plane. I will continue to look for us, but my lengthy search has turned up 3 vendors that can/will produce this type of tape, two of the three will only sell it in 1mil not 2 mil. The other is the one that will sell 2mil but want your first born to get it. The cost goes down to nearny $165/roll when you get to 200 rolls. They even quoted me 2000 rolls. Yeah right. The cost did get better though to about $125/roll...I don't think that quantity will ever happen.

The search continues...
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:09 am

It's good to hear that Tedlar is so easy to come by. This helps comfort me as I look at the hail damage that happened couple weekends ago to my 21 year old Tedlar. Came out pretty good considering.

Hopefully the magic Tedlar fairy will come and visit me this winter. If not, my Lazair will have to be syran wrapped or something. Maybe someone that has had great luck with a fabric covering can give some feedback.

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Lazair_guest_please_registerrcfl » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:48 pm

Lazair_guest_please_registerrcfl

Postby JPXman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:11 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby rcflyer » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:44 am

Hello everyone who is wanting to recover their little bird.

John has been very busy selling complete covering kits. The total price which includes all the tapes including the silver leading edge tape and the clear trailing edge tapes is $490 cnd. plus shipping.

The stuff is going fast so I suggest ordering now. John is selling on a first come first basis. He is not reordering any Tedlar after this roll is gone.

You can contact John at 519-376-1762.

Keep them flying.
rcflyer
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:42 pm

can someone give me a list on amount of different tapes required i am recovering in mylar know the different types just need amounts thanks ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby rcflyer » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:39 pm

Hey Ozzie,

I only know what I have used to recover. I buy 1 40' roll of Tedlar double sided and need 2X 25' rolls of double sided PVF foam tape. I end up with no foam tape to spare and lots of Tedlar. Its just the way they sell it. I have not measured all the lengths, it might be good to do that. It will depend on where you want to stick down the Mylar. Hope this helps.
rcflyer
Lazair.com Member

Next

Return to Wanted to buy