What is the Pitch of the 185 bi-props?

Lets see who know what

Postby Wayne » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:47 pm

I am registering my Lazair Mk111 here in australia.
I have to submitt a 'data sheet' some of the question for file are what is the prop - TYPE ... Model.... Pitch .and .diameter....manufacturers details (address)?.
The data asks for the manufacturer name and address? I though Dale Cramer, Canada would suffice.
I also need a kit Number and as I don't have that peice of paper I can sumitt any number I choose, so in keeping with the Lazair tradition I would like to know the last number to come out of the factory and submitt the next number as my kit no.
Any help with these numbers would be apprciated

Wayne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 am

You can look at Tyler's list and check with Lorne Blunt to see where the numbers are at to avoid duplication.
http://www.monisys.ca/~tparadis/
lblunt@ideal-access.com
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Wayne, See if the RAAus will give you acces to my data sheet i remember using Ultraflight (lazair) as the manufacture of the props and used 28"X14" I used the serial number AU002.
I used Ron West from Cessnock for the L2 inspection as he is one of the few that was around when these were flying. What are you doing for your pilot certificate?
Keep in touch i hhave new email rpsteve(at)bigpond.com
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:06 am

I have spoken to Steve at RAA and he states a L4 is required so I have a list of qualified people from RAA web site, but thanks anyway.
I have at present 18 hours in a Jabaru 2 seater, L2200 ? we are just waiting for the weather to get better so I can do a few more landings then I should be signed off to solo.
I already have my radio cert. from my paragliding days so that should take 3 hours of the offical training.
Here's a pic of the Mk111 at the airport with the wings on, it was just a couple of hours ago,
The 30klm wind was tugging at the wings willing her into the air, so I had mark 6ft 2 and 100kg sit in her and fly her to keep her grounded.
Hey Glen the stickers went straight on as the amount of times I got asked "what is it" started to cut into build time.
So Hey Tyler add 'one more Lazair to your list' the only MK111 I beleive the only registered and flying one in Australia, rotax 185, the engine no. are 1302-1303.
If you or anyone else knows of the numbers close to this, I could use the next empty number on your list , perhaps ?
This is as original as I could make the Lazair Mk111 as it came from the factory with a few upgrades such as long bolt mod, a few strengthening peices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Good stuff well done mate. have you located John somewhere around Rylstone and his two series threes? he has not flown these for a couple of years due to engine hassels. L4? are they treating this as a new type? To put mine on the books was simple paper work and inspection using data sheet submitted from the Lazair from Victoria. But then they may have changed to L4 inspectors after that Drifter inflight failure recently.(it was signed off full of corrosion after ocean ditching)'
do you have the jury struts? i recommend them. if you got tired of telling people what it is while building, wait till your first fly in. Gonna be a lot of peeved off 'tuperware' owners because you have a bigger crowd around your lazair.
how long do you think it will take you to fly down to Elderslie. i will be flying from my skydiving clubs airstrip this summer.
Steve
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 pm

L4 is what I was told by RAA, there are people out this way Dubbo and Bathurst not sure how it works or the cost?
where is Elderslie ? yes, i have a jury strut kit to fit.
Now that I don't have a project in my shed I can look up other Lazair owners when the weather is not so good.
No I haven't caught up with John at Rylstone, The airstrip has just been sold to private hands by the Mudgee council ! not sure if there is going to be a strip avaiable there anymore, hope the new owners are flyers ? That could mean Bill Moyes and Bob Bailey would need to relocate as they have been using rylstone as a Moyes/Dragonfly base for years.
This picture of the empty plastic bags is what a Lazair looks like when you first get one from the factory.
This is half of the plastic bags as the other half still has parts in them, I guessing the origianl importer stocked up on parts or spares for his Mk1, cause I got spare BE's, castle nuts/brilled bolts, a battery box and somthing else that remains unidentified; I think it may be a air brake kit ? I also have a folding tail kit if anyone's interested.
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:42 am

congrats!

send me an email to tyler"at"lazair.com with an attached picture of your plane. i just got back from a big vacation i had to cut short, but will do an update in the near future as one is long overdue.

sorry to lorne, mike ives, everyone at the allin field, UPAC as i had to jet due to one my little boys getting a bit ill while travelling so we just came home.

now time for me to repair my series III and get some flying in before winter hits in probably 2 weeks.

Tyler
Edmonton
JPXman
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair Trivia