MK111 wing construction.

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Re: MK111 wing construction.

Postby Wayne » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:33 am

Gidday George.
I have the mags off and will be at the cases soon I will put a set of everything through the rotaxs as they have been in a carboard barrel for 25 years, it is amazing they started and ran beutifully for a while then when down slowly over a few hours, the carb on one was leaking but I fixed that and they ran good then the rev counter went silly and I fixed that, then the motor started to hunt and I fixed that. then they were left for 12 weeks and first time out began bubbling at the crankcase in the same spot on both motors, so that means they are sucking air and need new gaskets. I will feel a whole lot better knowing they are overhauled and running well as it wouldn't be nice to find out at 5000 ft and 20 miles from home !
keep you updated between the turbulance/
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:54 am

well its been a while since I updated the lazair build, the lazair series 111 has flown a couple of times now upto 15o ft with no faults or mechanical issues, she fly straight,and turns even. very responsive on the pitch control. No tape slippage, I reshrunk 2 panels on each inner side upper and lower they fluttered a little,The motors are running sweet with no hesitation in the end I could have tightened the crank bolts and had them sorted sooner. The only issue now is the brakes could be better and for gods sake dont use your feet ! I have a couple more hours in a 2 seater drifter and the last outing I had to hold onto her as the thermals pushed me over the ceiling with the stick fully forward, then the head set stopped working so I had to land without instruction, I thought it was test ? but it wasnt ! ,Anyway the weather has been somthing else all year and getting airtime has been difficult. I am now 1000klm from the lazair so not sure when I can fly her south ? hanger space here is not only expesive ($100 per week) its also limited and Im waiting for a vacancy, probably better to find a shed in a paddock ? Ive not long ago put together a 'Parajet' paramotor and buildt a quad base, but again the weather has been very c.r.a.p seriously ! I starting to feel the need to be closer to my lazair and get some low and slow time up, I put out any offering. wishing you all a good xmas and new year. pic of lazair airbourne is 720 + 480 ?
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Hello Wayne,

I hope you can get your Lazair a little closer sooner than later. I flew last weekend for 30 minutes at 28* F. Cold but nice to be in the air.

Happy holiday's to you as well,
George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks george, The Lazair series 111 is airbourne and airworthy, you can see 2 videos on Facebook. find ; wayne bailey ; the pic is of me and my two boys on my shoulders. I have made the vidoes public.

regards Wayne
Wayne
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 am

I wonder how many Wayne Baileys there are in Australia on Facebook ?
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby ozzie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 pm

only one with a Lazair.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:55 am

Well heck find him and copy-paste-post a link.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 pm

yeah, i got tired of looking through all the wayne baileys on the site and gave up.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:02 pm

ozzie
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Re-Building tips and info