Selling my Two-seat project...

Lazair Parts for sale

Selling my Two-seat project...

Postby aroguetrader » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi All,

It's with a heavy heart that I've come to the conclusion that it's time to sell my two seat project. I would love to see it flying and am looking for a good home.

I purchased serial #B012 as a flying aircraft, and decided to begin a full restoration several years ago...here is the current status...(the plane has been stored in my house, so not exposed to weather or temperature variances...wings are sitting in cradles)

- 2 Completely rebuilt KFM 107E's; 25 hp each; zero time since rebuild (new pistons, rings, heads, rebuilt carbs...the works), electric starters, good props...ready to go
Wings:
- Previously covered in Ceconite fabric...removed and cleaned except for 1 aileron
- Installed sharp trailing edge upgrade (from Carlson) on Right wing...big improvement in torsional strength...(have enough material for Left wing)
- Installed three new inboard ribs on Right wing with heavier 0.032" rib cap strips (also from Carlson...have enough material for Left wing)
- New fiberglass wing tips (new...in the box, not installed yet)
- Wings have proper, heavy gauge material inboard to support heavier engines
- Jury struts
- New Tedlar and tapes to complete wings and tail surfaces
- New nylon bushings available

Stabilator/Ruddervators:
- Cleaned and ready for recovering
- New tail wheel assemblies built and installed (using roller blade wheels...came out very nice)
- New bushings

Fuselage:
- Dis-assembled for cleaning - partially completed - all tubes in good shape...no damage
- Rudders have toe brakes on one side
- Have main wheels and two good plastic front wheels
- I have new rod ends if you want to replace the existing ones...but there is no real need to
- I have the old seat covers (red vinyl...looks old, but could be cleaned up and re-used)

I'm sure there is information that I'm not including, but let me know if you have any questions. I have the original assembly manual, engine manuals and POH. I purchased the plane for $3750 and have another $1900 into it, but will sell for $3k. I do not have a trailer for it, but if you are on the east coast, I may be able to help you out with finding a trailer to borrow and help with the move as best as I can (I am located in Northern Virginia). I'd like to see someone get it flying and would certainly be available after the sale for any consultation or help I can provide.

Regards,
John
aroguetrader
Lazair.com Member

Re: Selling my Two-seat project...

Postby JPXman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 pm

wow that's a good deal. if it was before my kids were born i'd be all over this. the engines and tedlar alone are worth the asking price.

tyler
edmonton
JPXman
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale