Homemade 2-seat plane

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Shannon » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:06 pm

Here is a look at the homemade 2-seat "plane" listed for sale in the Lazair Force Ad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Chappy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 pm

Shannon,

Do you have any more pictures of it? That thing sure is funky...

Chappy

PS. Do you remember the Meadowlark? A couple guys brought a few of them to Sun n' Fun one spring back around 1983 or so. The wing was directly from a Lazair, but the under carriage, boom and tail were industrial strength (as in massive and heavy), and painted black, I seem to remember. A single, center mounted twin cylinder Cuyuna, or perhaps Rotax, replaced the wing mounted engines. The wings still had the captive nuts in them for bolting on nacelles.

They were a strange sight. This big, black, rather crude and ugly ultralight plane with graceful, light Lazair wings. It just didn't look right, to say the least. BTW, by the end of the week, they had crashed or otherwise disabled every one of them!

Also, there was a kit available for awhile to mount Lazair wings on the Quicksilver. I never saw one (bet they didn't sell many), but they must have looked about as strange as the Meadowlark.
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:50 pm

this is a neat picture - probably what can happen when someone designs their own thing in isolation! Some neat innovations. Notice the extra vertical stab with rudder and horn! The extra braces for the wide gear etc etc...

Probably climbs like a pig and struggles in the air with 2 people, but probably flies alright with just one! Not the biggest fan of where the gas tanks are though...
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:50 pm

Nope, sorry that is the only pic of the 2-seat "plane".

Yes, I definitely remember the Meadowlark. That "plane" was completely unstable and completely unsafe. I watched one fly and a little later crash. What a waste of good Lazair D-cells.

Here's a pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Return to Lazair - General