[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Interesting things about your lazair

Interesting things about your lazair

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby JPXman » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:08 pm

Hey lazairheads,

I guess the warm weather is keeping people in their planes than on their computers :) good on ya. However, I need hanger talk to keep me going, so I'll start a thread about interesting things about my lazair, and chime in with your own things.

I have only flown a few hours, but the first thing I noticed was that when the engines were at higher RPM, there wasn't much airflow on my face while flying! When I went in for my first approach and cut the throttles, all of a sudden there was 5 times the air wooshing by. It gave me a false sense of speed. It also taught me that if I'm flying around and getting a bit warm, just chop the power for a few seconds to cool off :)

Tyler
"Lazair by August?"
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:55 am

hi Tyler, it's winter time here in oz snowing on the hills west of sydney as the cold snap passes thru, at last some rain as well but we need a lot more. (having a bit of trouble getting used to winter after living in the tropics for ten years)
in one of the early updates for the mark 1's it was found that in a dive the tube type airspeed indicator stopped at 55mph (by coincidence the VNE) it was found that the air flow from the props built i little windscreen in front of the pilot, and the faster you went the more the air built up in front of the asi. as a result the asi was put on a stick to put it futher away from this effect i then found that i was decending at over 65mph. i was experiencing some buffet at this speed so when i realized what was happening i eased off a bit. later at an airshow at the local beach i had a smoke cannister fitted halfway up each flying strut when i ignited them i noticed the smoke did not stream straight back but curved inside the tail. so does the effect of the prop wash create an invisible fairing? it would be an interesting exersise to do some smoke tests and see what is going on. ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:54 pm

<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:57 pm

BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:03 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby Bill » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:12 am

I find that when the engines are realy in sync that the vibrations increase. It is better to keep the engines slightly out of sync to keep the shaking down.
Bill

Return to Pilots Lounge